Traktor Pro 3 & Allen-Heath Xone 23C

leolarbi
leolarbi Member Posts: 6 Member
edited October 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hello there,

I just purchased an Allen & Heath Xone 23C mixer. Does anyone use this mixer with Traktor Pro 3 ?

I also have one Traktor F1, one Z1 and one X1. What I would like to know is this :

Will I be able to use my Xone 23C as a "main" mixer with two decks (A and B) and use my Z1 for two other decks (C and D) ? I'd like to be able to mix with three or four decks at the same time and I'm not sure if that's possible with my set up.

Kind of same question with my Xone 23C and my F1 : can I control my two decks A and B with my Xone 23C and control a third one (a remix deck for example) with my F1 ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

Leo

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

AFAIK you can either have external mixing mode or internal mixing mode. Not combine them. So no, I don't think it's possible.

Should have bought a 43c ;-)

You can control the decks (play, stop, cue points) from whatever midi device you want. Even in external mode. But in external mixing mode, you will not be able to control EQ and faders through midi.

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 121 Helper
    edited October 2022

AFAIK 23C is a 2 channel mixer with an audio interface and 4 different input sources. But in the Traktor application You can use only one audio interface at the time. You can use a workaround with a combination of two audio interfaces to one. On Windows - with an ASIO4ALL driver, don't know how it works on Mac - but it's easy. And afterwards just route the output from Traktor via EXTERNAL mixing mode to the ASIO4ALL audio interface. Z1 at this point will work as a simple passive USB audio interface.

About X1 and F1 controls. X1 will let You control 2 decks, but You will need to remap the F1 for a 1 or 2 decks controls, because F1 is dedicated to a REMIX DECKS. Or You can try to find any mappings from internet.

You can try to use F1 as it was intended - like a remix deck controller in Your build. With F1 You can catch any loop from other 2 decks on the Traktor and just play them as a third deck. And You can play up to 4 different loops with one "Remix Deck" Deck.

P.S. Just found out, what Z1 can be used as a MIDI controller, but it has only filter knobs, and just a few buttons. In the end, Z1 is more like Your 23C replacement, and the X1 and F1 are dedicated for a Traktor decks and remix decks controls.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    edited October 2022

If you use the soundcard of the 23C (internal mixing mode) and it's controls for decks A and B i imagine it possible to use the z1 controls for decks C & D. I don't know if there is a simple way to switch the controls from AB to CD; even if not, you can remap all the equalizer controls manually, including the cue monitor buttons.

Using the F1 for any remix deck is always possible. The real problem is that you have only a single X1 and therefore only a single pair of deck controls.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert
    edited October 2022

Does the Z1 work with external mixing mode? As in can you change EQ, volume etc.

Or how would that work?

• leolarbi

Thanks a lot for your answer !

• leolarbi

To precise my request :

If I use my 23C as a soundcard & mixer, will it be able to broadcast three different Traktor decks ? I mean : can the master sound going out of the 23C be the "sum" of three different Traktor decks ?

Sorry if I'm not clear... :)

• Isotoxin

I don't know how the ASIO4ALL driver will see the Z1 interface. If it will work just as two stereo OUTPUT ports, when you can use Z1 just as a simple MIDI controller in Your setup to control something or as an additional OUTPUT source for Your 23C. But the last part is redundant, because X23 has the integrated audio interface.

Like I have said, the Z1 is an alternative for a 23C. You can't combine them as a some sort of tandem. Just as a some sort of a workaround. For You, it will be more convenient to use X1 + F1 + 23C

• leolarbi

Thx Isotoxin. I think it a bit clearer for me now.

• Isotoxin

I see the 23c has 4 stereo inputs, but two of them are phono inputs. How output part looks in a Traktor application with 23c?

• leolarbi

I'll answer you as soon as I receive my 23C. Should be in a few days.

• Isotoxin
    edited October 2022

This video states, what you can play 4 music track at a time (there's a 4 gain knobs). But looks like 2 songs will use the same mixer track at a time. The left, or a right one. And you can mix between 2 of then.

And if you'll see all 4 stereo channels in Traktor as a different destinations on the 23c, when F1 will be very useful. Because at least it has the filter knobs for every one of the 4 remix decks.

• Rob Tarius
    Rob Tarius Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi, I know it’s a bit late but just in case, if you’re running a Mac you can create an Aggregate Device in the Audio Midi Setup app (click on Go, click on Utilities) and include you’re Z1 in a bundle with the 23C and select that in Traktor (under audio device) and then the outputs it offers will appear as a choice in Outputs and Input devices which means that you select them for Deck C & D and plug the Z1 into one of the 23Cs Line Inputs and hopefully the up A/B up faders can be assigned to either deck.

You could also plug a 2xstereo rca soundcard to your Mac and include that in the Aggregate Device and have that selected for deck C & D and use the gains of each inputs a rotary volume knobs.

Hopes this helps someone!