Have you had problem setting max value bounds for parameters?

demaris
demaris Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2022 in Building With Reaktor

My goal is to have a controller change a parameter in an ensemble, but restricted to less than the default range of parameters (16 vs. 128, newscool beatbox "length" of sequencer steps before resetting to the seed pattern in the Life.

It seems this constraint is in the Function tab when editing , but when I use a controller or just change it on the screen this constraint doesn't seem to be enabled.

Comments

• demaris

I have successfully done this on other ensembles/parameters so I feel there is some additional enablement/override, or perhaps something to be adjusted inside the ensemble. I suppose I'll have a look at one that works to compare, but for two big ensembles it could take a while.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

On my original newscool from the Factory Lib R5.9.4 is the length 128 and not 16

• demaris

Yes I'm showing the settings in my attempt to change it. Even though it shows 16 (even after save/reload) it behaves as 128.

• Paule
    edited October 2022

So you want 16 as maximal? A range of 1 .. 16 - is this right?

But 16 it's insight the range of 1 .. 128. I don't understand for what it is good.

There is an image inside showing numbers

• demaris

So I think you're saying that there's a table of integers that is indexed. Maybe that explains it and I need to go under and modify the table. I still am confused, it seems like the form for maximum minimum values implies that every integer variable should respect this?

The motivation for limits are to make more regular but varied rhythm by manual control. If you go higher, the rhythms are interesting and irregular, but you can't easily play against them as I intend to do - both manually on bass and by bringing in other rhythm ensembles on top of news cool.

It's also just difficult to make a slider/knob hit the exact number you might want with a large range.

• Paule
    edited October 2022

No it's an Image only. You can change the Image in a range of 1 .. 16 using knobman or set to no image and use the default showing numbers.