Audio Imperia Photosynthesis Library sounds distorted

Gerhardt
Gerhardt Member Posts: 6 Member

I bought the Photosynthesis Library from Audio Imperia for Kontakt. I liked the audio demos on the NI Website and the Videos on YouTube. Now, after playing for some hours I think the presets sound different to the Demo sounds. There is a lot of distortion in many presets and I think this is not as the producers wanted it to sound like.

I use to turn down the preamp Level in the Jump Insert FX every time on every preset. Than it sounds better. Also the FX are not reacting in realtime. I have to switch them of and on again for work.

I tried with Kontakt Free 7, Kontakt 6 and Komplete Kontrol. It is always the same issue.

What do you think? Do they sound normal? Is the behave of the FX section normal? I am not sure...

Best Answer

• Jonathan Daglish
    Jonathan Daglish Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

@Gerhardt @Release Thanks all for bringing this to our attention - we've pushed an update which fixes this issue and it is available to download in Native Access now.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Product Development Manager @ Audio Imperia

Answers

• Release
    Release Member Posts: 2 Member

I've noticed that too.

If you click on the green articulation keyswitch for "Jump" on the keyboard in Kontakt, the distortion goes away and the presets sound infinitely better. I think it's automatically triggered on the launch of the preset for some reason.

As far as switching the effects on and off, it seems like it's set up where you need to hold the key for the articulation to turn on, let go and it turns off. Some Heavyosity libraries do that too so I think that's how it's intended to work.

I have no idea if both of these behaviors are intentional or not, but at least the "Jump" articulation being "on" with each preset should be fixed because it isn't doing the library any favors.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Gerhardt @Release Since you're both affected, the best would be to ask Audio Imperia if they are aware of the issue.

• Jonathan Daglish
    Jonathan Daglish Member Posts: 1 Member
    Answer ✓

@Gerhardt @Release Thanks all for bringing this to our attention - we've pushed an update which fixes this issue and it is available to download in Native Access now.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Product Development Manager @ Audio Imperia

• Gerhardt
    Gerhardt Member Posts: 6 Member

Thank you very much, Jonathan! Now it works almost fine and it is the sound I want to hear. The behaviour of the FX section is fine now. I did not check every patch for now but the patch "Simplicity" has an issue on the attack on the third sample slot. There is a hard attack noise at the beginning.

But for now I am happy after being disappointed first. Thx!

• Deadwing5
    Deadwing5 Member Posts: 10 Member

I just bought it also. I think it's just the nature of the samples. I heard a couple nice sounds in the demo and thought it might be worth it, but almost every preset seems to be ran through some kind of saturation/light distortion. Same issue I have with most of the Output stuff. Seems trendy to lace organic sounds with saturation but to be honest, I would much rather cleaner samples. I wish I could get my money back as I only bought it a few minutes ago but that doesn't happen with sample libraries (really needs to change). You win some, you lose some. But to answer your question, yeah, there's a lot of distortion, but it appears to be intentional.

• Deadwing5
    Deadwing5 Member Posts: 10 Member

Actually you're right. I checked again. They do sound different in the video on Youtube. The preset "Where the Lost Cellos Went" sounds completely different to the one that comes out of the box. The FX are definitely set up differently. A lot of the samples can be tweaked as a lot of them come with saturation FX on. Good to know that some of them can be salvaged. Might be able to use some after all :)