How to play a sample "as is" with FORM ?

hsteph
hsteph Member Posts: 12 Member

Hi team,

When I load the "INIT-Form" preset and when I drag and drop a sample, It should render "as is", right ? The "preview" sounds good, but when I press a key (C3) for exemple, the sample sounds completely different, ...

Thanks for your help,

Stéphane

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

It is a granular ensemble no ordinary sample player.

FORM take an analyse and split the sound in grains.

FORM is a complex yet easy-to-use REAKTOR 6 instrument that lets you take your own samples and twist and turn them into completely different sounds. Use the bespoke Motion Curves or create your own ones in order to get interesting textures and new futuristic sounds. FORM is a powerful instrument with an intuitive interface that lets you get started quickly by simply dragging and dropping a sample into the interface. At the same time FORM offers a multitude of ways to influence the direction of the sound and gives you access to parameters for modulation and to effects so that you may change everything from timbre to length until your samples are far beyond recognition.

taken from the manual, chapter Introducing, page 6

Result: you can't play the sample „as is“

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

It is a granular ensemble no ordinary sample player.

FORM take an analyse and split the sound in grains.

FORM is a complex yet easy-to-use REAKTOR 6 instrument that lets you take your own samples and twist and turn them into completely different sounds. Use the bespoke Motion Curves or create your own ones in order to get interesting textures and new futuristic sounds. FORM is a powerful instrument with an intuitive interface that lets you get started quickly by simply dragging and dropping a sample into the interface. At the same time FORM offers a multitude of ways to influence the direction of the sound and gives you access to parameters for modulation and to effects so that you may change everything from timbre to length until your samples are far beyond recognition.

taken from the manual, chapter Introducing, page 6

Result: you can't play the sample „as is“