Maschine Jam in vapor gray

Staykool
Staykool Member Posts: 72 Helper
edited January 2022 in Maschine

Just bought the vapor gray Maschine MK3. I wonder if NI would be open to a Vapor gray Maschine Jam in a limited edition so everything matches.

Comments

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper

It is a great idea, but unfortunatley Maschine Jam is EOL.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

Which for me raises the question, why? Must be economical reasons, because it seem to work just fine and is supported by the Maschine+.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

I also wonder.... It has support by M+ because strong demand from M+ users. It has been decided that M+ will not have Jam support, by managers. And probably not being of leaked video showing M+ has experimental proof of concept support, managers would win over developers and there would be no Jam support....

When M+ user saw Jam works, more or less with M+, they went on asking for at least unofficial Jam support if not official. So NI has changed opinion and added Jam offitial support.

Jam is great companion to M+/Mk3. I hope Jam Mk2 will come one day....

• darkogav
    darkogav Member Posts: 70 Member

The Jam is/was amazing,. I am so glad I have one. I can't use Maschine without it. I am glued to it in my workflow.

• darkogav
    darkogav Member Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2022

I guess the market didn't take to it. Based on the M+ release, it seems the market wanted a more mobile and stand alone solution for Maschine. The Jam further embeds you to a DAW and studio.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,302 Expert

I have the impression the Jam was marketed the wrong way. To me, it was just a different (Push like) controller for Maschine, which seemed quite restricted: No velocity sensitive pads and no screens. I never understood why it would be useful, until I experienced the combination of Maschine+Jam.

The Jam should be seen as a Maschine hardware add-on, not as a standalone product.

• Kubrak

I guess that is the point. Jam was intended and marketed as a standalone controller and it failed. Its real value is as expansion of Maschine/Maschine+, instead....

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited January 2022

The anniversary limited editions (Vapor Gray and Ultraviolet) were made for the MK3, the M+ and the S-Series keyboards alongside Traktor X1 and S4. There won't be any additional version or restock.

• Staykool

Thanks for letting me know, Shucks. I love my Maschine Jam. I just bought it like 2 months ago as an addition to my Maschine MK3. I had been seeing it for many years but having it is another thing. Now I can't live without it. LOL

• Staykool
    edited January 2022

The Jam is really like the Mackie C4 pro which was a powerful extension of Mackie Control Universal DAW controllers. I own 2 C4 pros. They stopped making them 20 years ago but they still sell for $800 on Ebay to this day.

I really did not see the need for the Jam until I bought one recently. Now I can't live without the thing. I mean it works flawlessly and increases my flow in ways I could not imagine from watching Youtube videos. But I guess it comes down to dollars and cents for NI.

However, I'm willing to bet if they made a vapor gray limited edition of the Jam and made just 50 units the thing would sell out in a week. For all of us who love the vapor gray its simply about having gear the matches the same color. Looks really dope in the studio and its different than all the other gear.

• toneyrome
    toneyrome Member Posts: 31 Helper

The Jam only comes in Vapor ware.

• Staykool
    edited February 2022

haha. Too funny. I thought the same thing until I bought one and starting using it. It's dope. trust me.

• Kubrak

Yes, one may sequence polyphonicaly with ease in piano roll mode.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 429 Pro

Vapor grey or see-through, I don't care. I just want the Jam back. Or a MK2:(

• Rhythm Droid
    Rhythm Droid Member Posts: 22 Helper

I have a Maschine+ and I love it, despite it's shortcomings.

If I get a used Maschine Jam, do I need to buy it with the software, or does my Maschine software license allow me to use the Jam as it is?