M32 Keys controlling DAW functions?

SubH
SubH Member Posts: 2 Member
edited August 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

I'm a newb when it comes to Komplete Kontrol - I bought an M32 keyboard recently, and though I thought I'd set it up properly, I've caught it doing weird stuff when using within Studio One Pro 4.

For some reason the white keys are also controlling functions within the DAW.

So I'll be playing away, and then for no real reason I'll hit a key, and it'll start recording.

Hit another key, and the loop section will change or move to a different area within the track.

It's like some of the track controls rather than being mapped to the buttons on the M32, are mapped to keys - as if the midi routing has been screwed with.

I dont recall doing anything exotic with the M32, so ant ideas whats up, and how I fix it?

Any suggestions are really appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @SubH Sorry to see your pôst so late. It looks like there are some functions assigned to MIDI notes or events in Studio One. There should be a way to reset Studio One's MIDI settings to default.

Please note that the host integration with the M32 is only possible since Studio One 5.1

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @SubH Sorry to see your pôst so late. It looks like there are some functions assigned to MIDI notes or events in Studio One. There should be a way to reset Studio One's MIDI settings to default.

Please note that the host integration with the M32 is only possible since Studio One 5.1

• SubH
    SubH Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi Jeremy - thanks for the reply and apologies for not getting back sooner. So I have now upgraded to Studio One 6. And the weird behaviour is still there. How do I reset the S1 midi to default then?

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

First question is do you have Native Access installed and are you therefore using the most current version of KK? You should if you haven't. I also suggest that you go to EXTERNAL INSTRUMENTS in S1 and remove the M32 keyboard driver and the generic DAW driver and then install them again manually.

Finally, KK installs software called Bome Midi which is actually the software bridge between the Keyboard and the software controlling it. You can find this online standalone (I have posted a link on this forum previously if you want to dig that up) and do fresh a fresh install. However uninstalling Komplete Kontrol in its entirety will accomplish the same thing. I would start there.