How to delete user tag in Maschine 2

hisoul
hisoul Member Posts: 26 Member
edited October 2022 in Maschine

Hello, I have seen similar posts around, but I have a bit different specs..These days I tag my samples in Maschine 2 and would like to keep my custom tags tidy.

I need to delete some of my tags from the tag list. And to keep all the samples and other tags as they are, working. There is no such button for that (edit/delete).

So is there any way to do that via editing a Maschine hidden file, hacking or so?

thanks, Lukas

Tagged:

Best Answer

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Tags are stored inside the files and your "taglist" shows all tags Maschine finds in the files... so select all samples and in the tag edit window simply uncheck the tags you want removed and click apply.

@hisoul said:

So is there any way to do that via editing a Maschine hidden file, hacking or so?

There are external tools to mass tag files but it's not required for your purpose, theres no hidden files due to what I explained above.

@Paule

A question about hacking isn't so good here in the forum.

This is not hacking in a piracy sense, as in getting something paid for free. Tools and methods that hack their way into tagging like NimBank or Auto tagger are totally allowed. Even software modifications are allowed to be discussed as long as no one redistributes any SW.

Answers

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Tags are stored inside the files and your "taglist" shows all tags Maschine finds in the files... so select all samples and in the tag edit window simply uncheck the tags you want removed and click apply.

@hisoul said:

There are external tools to mass tag files but it's not required for your purpose, theres no hidden files due to what I explained above.

@Paule

This is not hacking in a piracy sense, as in getting something paid for free. Tools and methods that hack their way into tagging like NimBank or Auto tagger are totally allowed. Even software modifications are allowed to be discussed as long as no one redistributes any SW.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro

I sorely wish the M+ was popular enough that it had a hacking scene, the stuff being done on MPC/Force is amazing.

• hisoul
    hisoul Member Posts: 26 Member

So good, you are true!! You should get a sponsorship from NI:) Thank You!