KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 AND YAMAHA DGX670

Options
KeyboardBob
KeyboardBob Member Posts: 2 Member

I have the Yamaha DGX670 (Full 88 keys Arranger Keyboard) which I love but it unfortunately lacks an Arpeggiator or Modulation Wheel. I am currently using my DGX670 as a MIDI keyboard with the Komplete Kontrol software thru my preferred DAW Cakewalk by Bandlab.

I would like to know if I were to purchase the Komplete Kontrol M32 mini keyboard could it possibly be setup that I could still use my DGX670 as my main keyboard input while being able to access via the KK M32 features which I don't currently have such as Instrument Controller Knobs, ARP and a Modulation Wheel?

I hope this is not a ridiculous question, because I am such a NOOB when it comes to learning what is possible in this new world of DAW'S and PLUGIN'S, but if it can be done could someone kindly take the time to explain the steps involved?

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,053 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

this will work, kk32 will control the kk plugin and you can use any midi note input you want to play an instrument hosted in kk, you just have to route then midi from your Yamaha keyboard to that instrument track - maybe with a focus feature like in cubase, where midi gets automatically routed to the selected track and I'm sure cakewalk also has a feature like that - BUT the keyboards DAW port (it has two virtual midi ports one for DAW control, one for playing the instrument) has to be set up as a mackie control as far as know, there are surely some videos about that - or ask in the cakewalk forum for help about that

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,053 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

this will work, kk32 will control the kk plugin and you can use any midi note input you want to play an instrument hosted in kk, you just have to route then midi from your Yamaha keyboard to that instrument track - maybe with a focus feature like in cubase, where midi gets automatically routed to the selected track and I'm sure cakewalk also has a feature like that - BUT the keyboards DAW port (it has two virtual midi ports one for DAW control, one for playing the instrument) has to be set up as a mackie control as far as know, there are surely some videos about that - or ask in the cakewalk forum for help about that

• KeyboardBob
    KeyboardBob Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

UWE303, thanks for your quick reply.