Mapping File for Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2

prikkelpitt
prikkelpitt Member Posts: 5 Member
edited February 27 in Mapping Traktor

Hi there, ive bought a used S2 MK2 and im not able to get all the knobs and sliders functional.

i thing i need a tsi-file to import? Where can i get this? im using Traktor Pro 3 on a windows 11 pc.

and...sorry for my poor english

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod
    Answer ✓

Preferences --> Add... --> Traktor --> Kontrol S2Mk2 --> Default.

Make sure you only have a single mapping for your controller in the Device dropdown list.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

normally that mapping is implemented in traktor, you could try to open preferences and start there the installation wizard from the bottom. There you can select the native S2 mk2.

• prikkelpitt

Hmm, ive try to use the Installation wizard. If i do so,then only „Scratch pro“ is on the list. I cant choose Kontrol S2…

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    edited October 2022

You maybe mean "scratch control" ? https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210273525-My-Native-Instruments-Controller-is-not-Listed-in-TRAKTOR-s-Setup-Wizard that's then normal

• Sûlherokhh
    Answer ✓

Preferences --> Add... --> Traktor --> Kontrol S2Mk2 --> Default.

Make sure you only have a single mapping for your controller in the Device dropdown list.

• prikkelpitt

Ok it's working now, thanks everyone. A small problem remains. The knob for "Main" does not move in the software (Traktor Pro3) The function is given, both in the hardware and in the software. But when I turn it on the controller, it doesn't move in the software. Does anyone know why that is?

• Sûlherokhh
    edited October 2022

Yes. NI designed the audio interface so internal main gets set to a certain fixed numer and the hardware control of the device is the sole intermediary (without any feedback except for the LED stripes at the top strip of the device).

• prikkelpitt

Hmm, didnt understand that, sorry. Means, its normal, that the "Main" Knob didnt move in Traktor Pro? Because, any other Knob is moving, thats what im confused with.

• Sûlherokhh

The way you experience it now is the way that NI intended it to work.

It's normal that 'Main' in the software doesn't graphically turn as long as the audio interface of S4Mk2 is connected.