question about extra licenses in NI account

kurtv
kurtv Member Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello

I have Komplete 13 with Monark, the Gentleman, Scarbee Mark I, etc. I recently bought a Komplete Kontrol keyboard that claimed to come with some software selection, however, after registering my keyboard I don't see any extra licenses in my account. I do see Maschine Essentials and its Factory Selection though. Shouldn't I have access to these new licenses (Monark, the Gentleman, Scarbee Mark I) even though I already have them in Komplete 13? I would like to transfer the extra ones to my friend. Where can I find them?

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod
    Answer ✓

They then maybe sell the hardware license, and with it the products, i sold for example also older upgrades if i bought a new one, they maybe had the single license before and after buying a bundle they can sell it. There are some ways to have spare licenses. And if i remember correctly in the past, licencing was a bit different.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod
    Answer ✓

@kurtv The best is to ask our registration support agents, they can answer your questions regarding what you can sell or not or other questions about your NI account you may have: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA

Answers

• Uwe303

Then you would have to transfer the hardware license, you can't pull out single products from the bundle that comes with the keyboard. But if you want to sell it, you then don't have the license and im not totally sure if that is legal to give the hardware key to a friend. If you later want to sell the keyboard, you then have to sell it without the license of course.

• kurtv

That is not the point of my post above. Read for detail. The point is I don't have access to the software that came with the keyboard. Giving the extra software to a friend was just an example to illustrate the fact I don't have a separate license for these software instruments.

So the question remains, why don't I have access to the software (Monark, the Gentleman, Mark I, etc) if I bought the hardware controller?

• Uwe303

Ahh ok, you answered it yourself, cause you already own it, it is the same im my account.

• kurtv
    edited October 2022

Thanks for your reply, but why didn't we get a new (spare) license for buying the hardware? How come there are hundreds of users in Buy/Sell/Trade forum who claim to have spare licenses to sell?

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

They then maybe sell the hardware license, and with it the products, i sold for example also older upgrades if i bought a new one, they maybe had the single license before and after buying a bundle they can sell it. There are some ways to have spare licenses. And if i remember correctly in the past, licencing was a bit different.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

How come there are hundreds of users in Buy/Sell/Trade forum who claim to have spare licenses to sell?

I do not do it, but many people buy new plugins soon after release.. When they update/upgrade Komplete bundle later on, they do not need those separate licences as they became duplicate. And sell them.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod
    Answer ✓

@kurtv The best is to ask our registration support agents, they can answer your questions regarding what you can sell or not or other questions about your NI account you may have: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA