Sustain Insts. In Kontakt Factory Library Don't Sustain Long Enough

mdiemer
mdiemer Member Posts: 59 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

At the end of a piece, I have several instruments holdong long notes, for 4 or 5 bars. but the VSL instruments in the KFL don't hold that long. Is there any way to change a setting to make them hold longer?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@mdiemer Which instruments exactly ? The VSL Strings can hold on forever. If it's the Woodwinds, it's just the way these sample libraries work, they emulate the actual instrument, you can't hold a note indefinitely on a clarinet.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@mdiemer Which instruments exactly ? The VSL Strings can hold on forever. If it's the Woodwinds, it's just the way these sample libraries work, they emulate the actual instrument, you can't hold a note indefinitely on a clarinet.

• mdiemer

Yes, it's woodwinds. Guess I'll just have to work around it, and use other libraries in that situation. I was hoping I coukld adjust a setting on Kontakt, but I guess that's not possible. At least, I could not find any way to do that.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

You could try looping those samples yourself, the edit view is available :)

• mdiemer

Worth considering, thanks ED. I've never attempted to do that myself, but maybe I'll give it a try. I'll edumacate myself first (as Popeye would say), and give it a go.