Do any actual NI developers regularly visit this forum?

Maven303
Maven303 Member Posts: 7 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

Just wondering if there are any actual NI developers regularly browsing and replying on this forum? And if there's any evidence that they listened to any user input?

I'm new here, but from what little of this forum I've browsed, I get the feeling that this is a user to user forum only, which would make all the feature requests here pointless, and would pain a disturbing picture of NI's product "support".

Comments

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 133 Pro

LOL. Just look at the old NI forum and see how long ago most of the requests were made, and what happened with them. We're talking about 10+ years for most of them.

Imho this is mostly a "defuse" and "let steam off" forum. Don't expect our requests to show up in roadmaps, they seem to be totally independent from what the users are actually requesting.

But maybe things will change, who knows. We will see it when it happens.. never lose hope ;P

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited February 2022

We want the feature requests being posted here to have more impact on the product roadmaps as well in the long run.

This is something we're working on.

• Maven303
    Maven303 Member Posts: 7 Member

I just find this whole situation so sad; This "maschine" you've created has so much potential, for many of us experienced professional producers it was a revolutionary product, so many small features could easily be added to make this into a "komplete" production studio, and yet it sits here basically abandoned.. Why?

Seriously, adding something as basic as hardware accessible midi riff browser/save feature could create a whole new "melody market" for this device, and making a decent (or any) VST preset converter would make the entire komplete control lineup a must-have for many producers (and it can be done, as Preset magician showed).

I see most users here slowly loosing all hope, which is such a shame..

I understand NI's going through some internal changes, but as someone who's been with you since Pro five times, it's painful to watch such a great company loosing it's way and ignoring it's users like this.

I for one will not be waiting for years for an update. In today's market there are plenty of choices, but I still think NI created something special here, so here's hoping things change soon.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited February 2022

Many feature requests are being asked and it's obviously not possible to incorporate everything. But as said, we're working on a feature request process with the different stakeholders at NI and how to implement it in the best way within this new community.

Maschine is not abandoned at all. As a matter of fact a Maschine update is coming pretty soon, so stay tuned.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,105 admin
    edited February 2022

Interestingly enough, we surveyed thousands of users from our old community and only 8% of users mentioned that they want to submit feature requests directly on the community. This leads us to believe that it isn't actually the main purpose, far from it actually.

Developers read the forum and so are product managers. Now, I don't expect them to go through pages and pages of unrelated discussions to find feature requests and that's why we decided to re-think how it should be done. I said it elsewhere but I don't think feature requests should live in the same space as the discussions you find here, especially considering that the large majority of users here aren't really interested. We're working on different community concepts for feature requests this quarter and hopefully this is something we can build soon.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 133 Pro

this is a joke right? There are thousands and thousands of posts with feature requests on the old (archived) forum, and people like @D-One even aggregated, filtered, and prioritized them. Multiple times over. If by now it isn't clear what top10 list of features and improvements your users (paying clients!) expect from the Maschine platform (both sw and hw) it will never happen.

Please make the effort of scan through the 10+ years of filter requests, read the aggregated and prioritized list of @D-One, and start updating and publishing your roadmap based on that. Instead of creating ANOTHER defusing "platform" to ask for features. Because this is all known and communicated, for years and years and years. Please...

• Matt_NI

I really don't know how many times I can say the same thing over and over. Here, I'm responding to the question about developers reading the new community (not what happened on the old one) and why it might feel like its more user to user. I never said we don't know what the top 10 requests are on the old forum or we didn't scan it many times over already.

I also don't understand how it is so outrageous for us to say that we'd like to have another set-up for feature requests. Again, it doesn't mean what happened it the past goes in the bin but it's pretty obvious that this needs specific processes / workflows. It's almost like we shouldn't leverage the technology we have available that tons of company are using just because a few users are unhappy about our progress ...

• sp4o4
    sp4o4 Member Posts: 8 Member

Personally I feel this is most important line to read when it comes to all this "We're working on a feature request process with the different STAKEHOLDERS at NI"

Unfortunately stakeholders don't care about the issues of a product or product features. They care about their bottom line, which is a given. As with anything like this. But seeing the timeline NI has been doing and reading that response. It's clear they are at the mercy of the stakeholders. And communication with them is at a snails pace. You have to think the stakeholders don't want to give up any new money for development.

Thinking to myself trying to convince a bunch of people who have never picked up a macshine nor music for that matter and Trying to convince them what maschine needs and the timeline with how much the cost is. Vs what they already paid to get it working. Shake my head. We are screwed.

Good luck at this point. I won't be holding my breathe at all with what's about to come in terms of updates and optimizing... This just opened my eyes to what is going on at NI.

I'll be using this more as a side piece as time goes on. Which is a GIANT SHAME. Seeing as I just bought a Maschine+ on Ebay for $630 I know the resale value is not there. So no point in selling. I'm lucky I didn't sell anything to buy this thing. Jesus. What a mess.

• Matt_NI

I think you misunderstood what Nico said completely here. We need to align this process with the product part of the company aka the people building your products. Your answer is completely off-topic since what we're discussing here has literally nothing to do with management or money ...

Anyway, I'm locking that thread since it's essentially repeating what we shared many times over and it's already turning into unrelated rants. You can read where we are at with feature requests in our FAQ here and we'll share more along the way. Thank you

This discussion has been closed.