Please add 'Set Root to 0' on Sample Map handler

arachnaut
arachnaut Member Posts: 81 Advisor
edited October 2022 in Building With Reaktor

When adding a sample set for the Samplers in Reaktor one may have all the samples in their native pitch, and not at any particular root key.

This is common in the playback samplers where one just needs a sample selector and no need for transposition (as in e. g., a set of 128 human voices).

When the 128 samples are dragged into the sample map, the Root Key is set to the key value.

Then one must go through 127 'set to 0' steps.

Humans should not have to do such tedious stuff.

How about adding a 'Set Root to 0' function?

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited October 2022

Hm Jim, isn't C3 = Midi note 60 the default setting for a sample?

In the past there was a Map file builder where you can let 60 as root note.

Do you own the program? Somewhere deep in the archive hdd must be one. Will it run in win 10?

2008-02-08 you wrote in the old forum:

Looks very nice, but I ran it in a directory with over 128 samples and I only got 1 sample map made, not multiple.

The one that was made seems fine, though.

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/sample-map-builder.61372/#post-378637

So you own this file also.

• arachnaut

No, the default is the MIDI Note, so the zero'th entry has Root 0, the next is 1, etc.

So I go through the other 127 and set them all to 0.

I have that sample map builder, but building the map is not the issue. It's those values.

I don't remember if that tool helps or not. I seldom make sample maps, but when I do, I always go through these things.

I thought this once existed (Set Root to 0) in an early version of Reaktor, but my memory is flakey.

That sample map builder uses Java and when I just ran it, it needs a version that I don't have installed. Looking through the documentation, I don't see anything that mentions root key selection.

• arachnaut

Let me see if I remember how things work. One can make a sample map for a sampler such that the sampler transposes the pitch of each sample from a root to the desired MIDI pitch. But there is another way that just selects the sample and plays it back without transposition. I think the way that you mention is for the pitch transposition model.

I don't really remember anymore, but it should be a lot simpler than it is now.

Personally, I'd rather see all this handled using SFZ files and get rid of proprietary methods.

Most of the time, a new version of Reaktor breaks the import of MAP files into Kontakt. I used that to make samplers from Reaktor maps, when it works.

• Paule

a new version of Reaktor breaks the import of MAP files into Kontakt

this is since R5.51

before that you can use AV Studio a shareware prog by an swedish programmer

• Paule
    edited October 2022

So I go through the other 127 and set them all to 0.

That is a quickly done:

duble click the first and write in 0, copy the 0

go to the next, double click and paste 0 … up to the end

In my use is a Cherry Silent mouse

• arachnaut

That is what I do, but it isn't quick.

Try doing that left-handed (or your non-dominant hand).

• Paule

I paste 0 with the left hand and the mouse button and wheel with right hand. So both-handed.

I can write quite well with both hands. To read the words writing left is difficult - writing with right is difficult less. Myself can't eat with chop sticks by left hand.

In the past you ask me about my root of 84 (was transposed by 2 oct. to save ¾ capacity). I bring in all the hundreds maps manually paste/clicks. Got an ache in the arm use Arnica and paused for a week. The work of a sportsman fishing at a pond or river is in my humble opinion heavier.

Do you dl my maps?

• arachnaut

I did not see any maps, Paule. Where did you mention them?

• Paule

In Mediafire - the old links must work: