Komplete Kontrol and plugin Steinberg

Danix78
Danix78 Member Posts: 28 Member
edited October 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hello everybody,

I use Cubase 12 Pro and recently bought the Komplete Kontrol s88 mk2!

Everything installed correctly ... 1st Native Access ... 2nd KK, K7, etc ...

KK recognizes the VSTs installed on the system, NKS (eg Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra) and not NKS (eg IK Multimedia Miroslav Philharmonik 2), but no Steinberg products (Halion Sonic SE, Groove Agent SE, etc.).

There is a solution?

Thank you

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

this is normal, komplete kontrol only supports vst3 with some own native instruments and fx. And that steinberg stuff is only vst3 but native is working on that issue as far as i know.

• Danix78
    Answer ✓

Guys, I solved it with Halion Sonic SE, now I see it in KK.

Thanks to Arnaud88 (Cubase forum).

It can help here too.

This is the right path:

C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Steinberg \ Shared Components \ HALion Sonic SE

Hope some of you know the right paths for Groove Agent SE, Padshop 2 and Retrologue! Thank you.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

VST3 was always needed for Steinberg plugins for macOS and so it was never possible to use them within KK, Windows had VST2 versions for most plugins but that is now being phased out since Steinberg have officially dropped VST2 support and so VST3 needs to be available in KK which currently it is not but has been announced it's in testing at the moment so we should see it available soon.

I should have some of the instruments supported for NKS browsing (Halion 6/Sonic, Padshop 2 etc) but as to exactly when is not clear, just it is already planned.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

this is normal, komplete kontrol only supports vst3 with some own native instruments and fx. And that steinberg stuff is only vst3 but native is working on that issue as far as i know.

• Danix78

Thanks, so I'll wait for them to fix the problem.

For now I will use them in Cubase without KK. Only with the MIDI function of the s88, correct?

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 94 Helper

Padshop and Retrologue works in the KK software.

• Danix78

The problem is that it doesn't detect any Steinberg products, not even Padshop or Retrologue.

Maybe they too are VST3 in Cubase 12?

• Uwe303
    edited October 2022

Correct only vst3 with Steinberg Cubase 12 and the versions you get with it, and no you can use komplete kontrol with the stuff that works with it, only for tracks with steinberg stuff you use it then as midi keyboard, i would do it that way, or just use stuff that kk supports

• Uwe303
    edited October 2022

But I will check again tomorrow, there is a standard steinberg VST folder, maybe there are some of the plugins as vst2 like mentioned C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins maybe here!?

• Danix78

Yes, the folders are listed automatically, but no Steinberg instruments or VST effects

• Danix78
    Answer ✓

Guys, I solved it with Halion Sonic SE, now I see it in KK.

Thanks to Arnaud88 (Cubase forum).

It can help here too.

This is the right path:

C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ Steinberg \ Shared Components \ HALion Sonic SE

Hope some of you know the right paths for Groove Agent SE, Padshop 2 and Retrologue! Thank you.

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 51 Member

There is no more VST2 for Groove Agent & Retrologue & Padshop.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert
    Answer ✓

VST3 was always needed for Steinberg plugins for macOS and so it was never possible to use them within KK, Windows had VST2 versions for most plugins but that is now being phased out since Steinberg have officially dropped VST2 support and so VST3 needs to be available in KK which currently it is not but has been announced it's in testing at the moment so we should see it available soon.

I should have some of the instruments supported for NKS browsing (Halion 6/Sonic, Padshop 2 etc) but as to exactly when is not clear, just it is already planned.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

I have a working template for Padshop 2 VST3 that I will make available (along with templates for Plasmonic and several other VST3 only plugins) when the KK / Maschine update is officially released