Kontakt 7 in Ableton Live 11: "No libraries found here"

Muzzlehatch
Muzzlehatch Member Posts: 2 Member

Hello,

I have a newby problem:

I installed Kontakt 7 via Native Access on my Windows 11 machine.

I also installed several Kontakt 7 instruments like Gentleman, Drum Lab etc.

In the Native Access file management preferences I selected the following paths:

Application Location: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\

Content Location: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Content\ (I created this folder myself)

VST Location 32bit: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 32 bit\

VST Location 64bit: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit\

After all these installations the two VSTPlugins folders are empty. I think the reason is, that all the downloaded instruments are Kontakt 7 instruments.

The Kontakt7.dll file is installed in the VST3 system folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Unfortunately I am not able to get Kontakt 7 work in Ableton Live 11.

When I select C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\ as the location of VST2 and VST3 plugins Ableton does not find anything.

When I select the VST3 system folder with the Kontakt7.dll file Kontakt 7 shows up in the Ableton plugin list but when I open it all the installed Kontakt 7 instruments are missing and a message reads "no libraries found here".

When I run Kontakt 7 seperately without Ableton all instruments are loaded normaly.

I am very thankful for any help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@Muzzlehatch Kontakt is VST3 only. VST3s are installed by default in this location C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Ableton will look automatically in that folder to find every VST3 plug-in, including Kontakt 7, no need to use a cusom vst3 folder, you can leave the system one in Ableton's plugin preferences.

This folder should really not be chosen for VST2 plug-ins in Ableton: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments, please refer to this video for setting up VST2 plug-in folders:

Once you put everything back where it should be, rescan your plug-ins in Ableton. Make sure to run Ableton as administrator: How to Run a Program as an Administrator

If that doesn't fix the issue please send screenshots of the "no libraries found here" message.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    Answer ✓

@Muzzlehatch Kontakt is VST3 only. VST3s are installed by default in this location C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Ableton will look automatically in that folder to find every VST3 plug-in, including Kontakt 7, no need to use a cusom vst3 folder, you can leave the system one in Ableton's plugin preferences.

This folder should really not be chosen for VST2 plug-ins in Ableton: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments, please refer to this video for setting up VST2 plug-in folders:

Once you put everything back where it should be, rescan your plug-ins in Ableton. Make sure to run Ableton as administrator: How to Run a Program as an Administrator

If that doesn't fix the issue please send screenshots of the "no libraries found here" message.

• Muzzlehatch
    Muzzlehatch Member Posts: 2 Member

After a restart of my machine it worked. Thank you for your help!