Traktor Pro 3.6.1 Can't load song into deck A

Mikael Lassen
Mikael Lassen Member Posts: 22 Member
edited September 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Macbook Pro M1 and Traktor Pro 3.6.1. I have experienced this problem before in May 2020. Suddenly I couldn´t load a new track into deck A while playing. I know a workaround is to untick the box "Only load track into stopped deck" but it is a bit risky when playing Live. In Traktor Pro 3.4.256 I haven´t experienced the problem recently. I have ticked "only load song in to stopped deck" and "stop playing track at the end" I use Traktor 3.4.256 as stable version.

I thought this problem was solved a long time ago, but its not.

Best regards

Mikael

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

I can only think of disabling "Loading only onto stopped deck" as the only solution as well. Feel free to get in touch with our support team: https://bit.ly/n1trakt They might have more insights to share.

• Markovicz
    Markovicz Customer Care Posts: 381 mod
    Answer ✓

Hi peepz,

there is this notorious "Loading only into stopped deck" issue which the Traktor devs were never able to reproduce inhouse as there are no known circumstances which trigger the issue. I have been informed that quite some effort has been invested over the years. Good thing is: very rare occurrence and a workaround. Of course this does not render the issue totally harmless.

Answers

• Mikael Lassen

In May 2020 I was using Traktor 3.2.1 when the problem occur. I haven´t experience the problem in Traktor Pro 3.4.256.

Thank you!

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin
    Answer ✓

I can only think of disabling "Loading only onto stopped deck" as the only solution as well. Feel free to get in touch with our support team: https://bit.ly/n1trakt They might have more insights to share.

• MOAW
    MOAW Member Posts: 2 Member

I had the same issue yesterday while playing. Very annoying.

Didn't happen with the last version of Traktor before the update. Unfortunately disabling "Loading only into stopped deck" is not a practical solution.

Is there any chance to go back to the older version? Is there maybe an update coming soon?

• Mikael Lassen

Hi,

Traktor pro 3.4.2.256 is working for me. Save the collection and import it into this version.

Best regards

Mikael

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

The bug where you can't load a new song until you disable ^ that setting is apparently pretty old. I had it once, searched for it and found forum entries from a few years ago.

Just :traktor: things.

• rmn
    rmn Member Posts: 40 Helper

I know a workaround is to untick the box "Only load track into stopped deck" but it is a bit risky when playing Live.

Use a modifier on your track load mapping?

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,218 Expert

The risk is not accidently pressing the load button, it's accidently load to the wrong deck. At least that is why I have it on.

• rmn

I would suppose that loading a track in the wrong deck is no problem if that deck is not playing? Modifiers got you covered.

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,660 mod

I use this for all of my mappings, as it doesn't simply block a load attempt. Rather it causes the assigned button to not work at all as long as the track is playing. This neatly circumvents the native toggle as well as the flashing error message.

• rmn
    edited October 2022

Moved away from Traktor Midi Mapping altogether. Mapped it once against a virtual device to enable external management of the device mappings, script and state. For those with time and resolve, I would highly suggest this approach as it enables a more dynamic control.

• Andreti
    Andreti Member Posts: 4 Member

This is a well known issue, for years now (minimum 4-5).

I just got the same warning. Though I have clicked "load into stopped deck only" I suddenly got the warning, while the deck was stopped, that deck A is playing, thus I can’t load.

Everyone complaining about this issue, has mention it happening on Deck A. Same here, deck A.

I have the latest version of Traktor installed (3.6.1) and I’m working on a M1 Pro MacBook 2021, latest OS (12.6 Monterey).

Unticking the box is not a solution, especially when performing live. You can easily mix up decks. If you untick, load new song and then tick again, problem insists. Only deck A though. Deck B is still good to load

Only restarting will fix this (and that’s the worst solution, while performing live)

• Mikael Lassen

I had this problem again yesterday while playing in Traktor Pro 3.4.2.256 I thought that version was stable for playing live. I´m testing the latest version of Traktor Pro 3.7.0.335 on MacBook Pro M1 2021, the latest OS Ventura 13.0.1. I also discovered small audio dropouts in both versions. I restarted my computer and it seems to be ok after that. What sample rate is best 44100hz or 48000hz?

+

• Andreti
    Andreti Member Posts: 4 Member

Updated to 3.8.0 and the issue still appears. Unable to load in stopped deck A

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

I haven't seen this issue but I had GUI freezes when loading by using a mouse or trackpad. Controller button usually works fine.

When it happens, try changing the Deck Flavor and see if that resets the Track Deck as a work around.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

Another good setting to have it enabled =)