Which is best electric guitar session instrument to buy?

Kaes82
Kaes82 Member Posts: 6 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

Hi everyone - I’m a total newbie but trying to learn and love NI.

I’ve just bought a baby keyboard (the M32) before stepping up to a bigger purchase. I’ve been on Arturia Keylab MKII 88 before now as I’m a piano player (usually on a grand). But the instruments in NI are so great.

I want to buy just ONE exstra instrument for NI to get started with using guitars in my songs. I use both Logic and Ableton. So here’s my question… of all the NI instruments that I can upgrade to, which is best? Obviously Electric Mint has just come out. But shoudl I go for an earlier version like the session guitarist?

I want to:

• add guitar backing rhythm to my songs
  • add guitar solos to my songs
  • support vibes that include blues, rock, and heavy metal (can probably do the latter just with applying effects and distortions)

Thanks for your help, and glad to be part of the NI community

Tagged:

Comments

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Later guitar plugins gave two versions, the second being a melody instrument you can play directly. Have you listened to demos for sound /style?

• Kaes82

Yes I have. I’m more interested in getting backing guitars… i.e. getting strumming patterns that I can import into my DAW. Thoughts on that?

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

I'd look at the current wash of bargains on the buy / sell thread:

Around p16 I saw a few guitar options on sale.

• Kaes82

Hi Tony, thanks for that, and thanks for setting up that thread for everyone's sake. I have direct messaged a couple of people.

K