Using NI Products WHILE the Internet is DOWN, Instruments revert to demo after 5 minutes?

parametric
parametric Member Posts: 5 Member

I have Komplete 11 Ultimate which has worked perfectly to date . . .

Then I had an Internet outage for about 36 hours, during which time I used NI (in Reaper).

After about 5 minutes, the instrument went SILENT - and checking the instrument IN Reaper

The Kontakt Panel was empty apart from saying the instrument was in demo mode, with a link

to <activate>.

Following the Link opened Native Access - but nowhere could I see a link to <activate>?

Hovering the mouse DID find an option to Re-install . . . .

Do I really have to reinstall my entire bundle?

Was this situation caused by the Internet outage . . .

I didn't realize that NI Software needs to "talk-back" during use?

Or am I missing something?πŸ˜•

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited February 2022 Answer βœ“

You shouldn't have to reinstall everything, that's right. If you encounter this issue again, you should check what version of Kontakt is loaded in Reaper by clicking the NI logo, if the version is different than the standalone version or the version shown in Native Access, this is the source of the problem, you can fix it by following this article: Plug-in Administration in Reaper

Also, once you have downloaded, installed and activated your products, you don't need to be connected to the internet. If you still encounter this kind of issues, I would recommend to contact my colleagues and they can help you to see what is wrong on your system: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• parametric

Thanks Jeremy - I appreciate your attention on this.

Reaper reports K5 v.5.8.1 (R43). Standalone reports the same.

I am understanding from your post therefore that Kontakt DOESN'T in fact talk back to NI during use . . .

This is good. Long may it continue . . . . .

In contrast to my Translator Pro SW from ChickenSys which uses the iLok Cloud . . .

Any lapse of internet connectivity - and it falls over . . .

Thanks again

parametric

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Hello,

as far as i know, once installed and registered the plugins and programs should work offline without limitations, have you tried stand alone versions of kontakt, guitar rig or reaktor, then please check the version, go to help and click about

Uwe

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

If you open Native Access it should be checking automatically with your account if you own a license or not for the according products. Let us know if more products are affected.

• parametric

I use NI Instruments inside Reaper - so rarely stand-alone . . .

There's a fuller description of what I found - with Screen-shots here:

take a look . . . .

• Simchris
    Simchris Member Posts: 211 Advisor

I have my mac offline and no issues with kontakt going into demo mode. Weird.

did you try launching kontakt in standalone?

are you also logged into your computer as same user as you installed software with?

• parametric

I use my Desktop PC for working on my Music. I am the only user, so I did the initial installation . . .

I only really use Kontakt inside Reaper, 'tho I have run it standalone just for curiosity - and it seem to work fine.

I reinstalled Kontakt (I have v5) and the entire Factory Library - and the demo mode seems to have gone away.

I'm presently reinstalling all the others that show <activate> in the Libaries Pane, in Kontakt

• parametric

Despite what the K5 Manual says:

Native Access just OPENS. There is NO invitation to enter a serial number . . . . . . and NOWHERE to click <Activate>.

This needs to be fixed. I should NOT be having to reinstall everything . . .

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

You shouldn't have to reinstall everything, that's right. If you encounter this issue again, you should check what version of Kontakt is loaded in Reaper by clicking the NI logo, if the version is different than the standalone version or the version shown in Native Access, this is the source of the problem, you can fix it by following this article: Plug-in Administration in Reaper

Also, once you have downloaded, installed and activated your products, you don't need to be connected to the internet. If you still encounter this kind of issues, I would recommend to contact my colleagues and they can help you to see what is wrong on your system: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• parametric

Thanks Jeremy - I appreciate your attention on this.

Reaper reports K5 v.5.8.1 (R43). Standalone reports the same.

I am understanding from your post therefore that Kontakt DOESN'T in fact talk back to NI during use . . .

This is good. Long may it continue . . . . .

In contrast to my Translator Pro SW from ChickenSys which uses the iLok Cloud . . .

Any lapse of internet connectivity - and it falls over . . .

Thanks again

parametric