How to name/rename Groups, Patterns, and Scenes?

Swisher Sweet
Swisher Sweet Member Posts: 23 Member

As I'm building out my song, it is becoming madness to keep things in order. There has to be a way to rename Groups, Patterns (and clips), and Scenes.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• SpencerTyler
    SpencerTyler Member Posts: 37 Helper
    Answer ✓

For Groups and Sounds: go to pad mode, hold shift and you should see Rename on both screens at the top. The one on the left screen will rename the Group that is selected. The one on the right screen will rename the Sound pad that is selected.

Scenes and Patterns work the same expect you click the scene mode button rather than pad mode

• SpencerTyler
    Answer ✓

I forgot to mention that it only works this way in Standalone. Otherwise you just double click the names to change them. I assume that you are referring to standalone since you tagged Maschine Plus

Answers

• SpencerTyler
    Answer ✓

For Groups and Sounds: go to pad mode, hold shift and you should see Rename on both screens at the top. The one on the left screen will rename the Group that is selected. The one on the right screen will rename the Sound pad that is selected.

Scenes and Patterns work the same expect you click the scene mode button rather than pad mode

• SpencerTyler
    Answer ✓

I forgot to mention that it only works this way in Standalone. Otherwise you just double click the names to change them. I assume that you are referring to standalone since you tagged Maschine Plus

• Don1990
    Don1990 Member Posts: 66 Member

I don't see this option on my MK3, does this mean it only works on the plus?