Space Bar / Press Play Kontakt Override

Chris August
Chris August Member Posts: 3 Member

Maybe some of these Kontakt instruments have always done this and I'm just noticing it with this update... but I can't press play in Pro Tools if I have 'picked nylon' open and I click on it. This happens with a handful of Kontakt instruments now. I can open it and its fine, but the moment I click on the interface, it takes control of the space bar and doesn't let it be used for Pro Tools. So I have to click somewhere in my Pro Tools screen so I can press play...which is very annoying when you are auditioning sounds and you need to start and stop while doing so.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to turn this off?

Thanks!

Chris

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Chris August @garfinkle It's a known bug (KT-7585). Unfortunately there is no workaround at the moment except clicking out of Kontakt's GUI. The devs are aware of the issue and this is high in teir list of priorities. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• pmtrub
    pmtrub Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

FIXED DAW key commands intercepted by Kontakt when running as a plug-in

from today's 7.1.3 update. Installing now.

edit: so far seems to be working as intended in Protools. Good news

Answers

• garfinkle
    garfinkle Member Posts: 19 Member

It's not only Pro Tools, it's any DAW. It's only Kontakt 7 that does this. All previous versions of Kontakt are "invisible" to the host when they are overlayed but K7 essentially turns your keyboard controller into a zombie.

Amazing how much this screws with ones workflow. If anyone knows how to turn this off it would be greatly appreciated.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Chris August @garfinkle It's a known bug (KT-7585). Unfortunately there is no workaround at the moment except clicking out of Kontakt's GUI. The devs are aware of the issue and this is high in teir list of priorities. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• peterharket
    peterharket Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

A temporary fix is to hold the "fn" button when pressing spacebar. Tested on mac + cubase.

• pmtrub

Upgraded to K7 the other week, and wasn't aware of this bug. Didn't realize until I was in the middle of a job. Switching back to 6 until this is fixed...

• soundsnz
    soundsnz Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have this same bug in Ableton Live 11.2.6. It's certainly annoying and it has been winding me up. Thought it would be the type of issue that would only happen to me, so I'm glad I found this post, and to read that it is being addressed according to @Jeremy_NI

• pmtrub
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

FIXED DAW key commands intercepted by Kontakt when running as a plug-in

from today's 7.1.3 update. Installing now.

edit: so far seems to be working as intended in Protools. Good news

• Mr Producer
    Mr Producer Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

How is the spacebar bug not worked out yet. I see some have said it was fixed in a update but I’m completely up to date and I’m still dealing with this issue.

With the cost of of Komplete Ultra this should have been patched in a week.

it wasn’t an issue now it is. Whatever Command is being sent to zero out dynamics needs to be undone, like yesterday!

I am going to start writing emails to C letter execs over at NI every week until this is resolved.

i suggests others do the same.

its been months and im still dealing with this trash.

completely unacceptable.