Native Access 2 - Known Issues 🚨

Comments

• Butchie
    Butchie Member Posts: 3 Member

Yep. 12.6, M1, NA2 = :-(

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Butchie There is no auto update from NA1 to NA2. What message did you get exactly? You submitted your requests yesterday, my colleagues will get back to you as soon as possible. Our support is pretty busy at the moment so we kindly ask for your patience. You're upset and angry, it's understandable, but using foul language won't make things better or faster.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 850 Guru
    edited October 2022

Here's another one that needs to be addressed...

Just found out that when installing any "older" Kontakt instruments via NA2 from say - Komplete 13U - NA2 seems to have no idea that a full version of Kontakt is already installed (in my case K6) and WILL install the K7 Player without asking you or allowing you to stop it.

This needs to be addressed because there is no way that a Kontakt instrument from 4-5 years ago "needs" K7 Player (or Full) to function.

As a K6 user (for now), I do not wish to complicate things on my DAW by having multiple versions of Kontakt installed and while K7 looks cool (New browser, previews etc) NA2 should recognize (and honor) the installed version of Kontakt (unless the product selection absolutely requires K7) without installing K7 Player (Or even K7 Full) forcefully.

There should be a dialog asking if you wish to install K7 OR use what is already installed.

Cheers

VP

• Nogravity
    Nogravity Member Posts: 12 Member

Updated to 2.7. Still have to keep installing this NTKDaemon Pkg. Repeatedly. Is it really THAT difficult to remedy this??

• only1alientune
    only1alientune Member Posts: 13 Member

native access wont install dependncies because my computer saying it's trying to exploit my computer through powershell with atp behavior i don't know what's going on all i want to do is download my sounds

• Jeremy_NI
  • only1alientune

my malware wont let me open it

• only1alientune

this what i see

• Jeremy_NI

@only1alientune Ok, it's a known issue then, "computer saying it's trying to exploit my computer through powershell with atp behavior" this got me confused. You can find info here then: Tips: Please grant permission to Native Access to install dependencies (MAC)

• Lewis Keys
    Lewis Keys Member Posts: 5 Member

Hey, I want to thank you for all the advice Jeremy_NI, I finally got N2 download after a long week of trying to figure it out. I copy and pasted the code in the terminal and then open N2 and the product downloaded. Thanks again

• foxxoundds
    foxxoundds Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello, I want to start by saying I truly love and appreciate all that y'all do, as frustration with the technology is something that can undermine the incredible work and service that Native Instruments brings to Life.

I am having serious issues getting Kontakt's factory libraries integrated into my collection. All main apps are installed and working properly: Kontakt's Libraries "Selection," "Factory," and "Factory 2," are the only problems.

I have also been working with Andreas on an email chain with the issue. I have been sent an .iso link to "Factory Library 2" and am still struggling with failed downloads or failed installations.

My main comment here is that when downloading the .iso from my web browser, I get a reasonable download time (about 1 hour) for the roughly 40 GB download. However, when trying to use Native Access to resolve the issues with these libraries, I get an absurd download time of nearly 14 hours, which does not seem to work even upon leaving the computer running for 14 hours (download failed, connection issue, or the like).

The integration of Native Access has always been a little buggy, but I do see the huge value of having it all managed through the single application. I am hopeful for the updates that bring the product in line with the vision: I mainly hope to help debug--

Please Advise,

foxxoundds

• fluffy
    fluffy Member Posts: 59 Helper

I'm on a Mac Studio running macOS 12.6. I'm having a recurring issue where something will hang indefinitely during the "installing" phase, and I have to quit Native Access and restart it to try to get additional things to try to install. At best I'll get 2-3 things installed before the next one hangs. Any idea what's going on and how to fix it, or at least where to find appropriate logs to help with figuring it out?

• fluffy
    fluffy Member Posts: 59 Helper
    edited October 2022

For now I've just reverted to Native Access 1 which seems to be working fine.

• Jeremy_NI

@fluffy You can always contact my colleagues here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

• Robert080
    Robert080 Member Posts: 10 Member

Unable to install on W10.

Soon after starting the installation process the old native access icon disappear from desktop but the nA2 process stops advising that Native access it's already runing on the system and it's unable to stop it. But it's not true since the way that it's neiher not present in the installed app list of windows, not present in the active process list, the installation folder it's empty. Diasabled antivirus without resultm installed all the new visualc+ update and of course restarted pc. Also reinstalled old version (1.14.1.56) fine running, uninstalled by windows unistall legacy process...but same problem when installing.