Connecting turntable and mixer to Maschine mk3

Davo
Davo Member Posts: 12 Member

Hello

I’m really trying for the life of me to connect my technics 1200 turntable and numark “scratch” mixer, which is also an audio interface, to my machine MK3 I’ve tried everything someone please help me I cannot get any sound coming into Maschine. I want to sample some records . And there is no info anywhere regarding this !

Best Answer

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

On the back of the mixer you have master and booth, your master is probably going to your speakers, so use the booth out (Both are line level, and both have a dial on the mixer itself for level)

Take leads from this booth out L/R (RCA) and plug it in to the Line inputs L/R on the MK3 (1/4" Jack)

That will give you a line input from your mixer to the MK3

Just make sure the sample recorder is set to the correct input, and you should hear whatever you play, including all Mixer EQ/FX/Fader movements.

You could do an aggregate device and routing, if you want them both plugged in to the computer and do it all digitally, trust me, that audio cable across Line In/Out will save you a ton of headaches and never ending settings.

Answers

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

On the back of the mixer you have master and booth, your master is probably going to your speakers, so use the booth out (Both are line level, and both have a dial on the mixer itself for level)

Take leads from this booth out L/R (RCA) and plug it in to the Line inputs L/R on the MK3 (1/4" Jack)

That will give you a line input from your mixer to the MK3

Just make sure the sample recorder is set to the correct input, and you should hear whatever you play, including all Mixer EQ/FX/Fader movements.

You could do an aggregate device and routing, if you want them both plugged in to the computer and do it all digitally, trust me, that audio cable across Line In/Out will save you a ton of headaches and never ending settings.