old session looses all kontakt instruments WHY ?

ngodzillaa2
ngodzillaa2 Member Posts: 8 Member
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

Hi,

Kontakt 6.7 is crashing with large instruments for a year now (with cubendo on W10 dunno for others). Tonight I tried K7 player and it crashes even more.

So i'm planning to go back 6.6 that some people using big libraries on cubendo says it's not buged. Anyway, but before I do that I reopened an old session on nuendo and realise all the instance of KONTAKT are empty ! I had that (so many times when updating or downgrading kontakt) and never understood why !

the folders are the same, the names of the instruments are the same why the hell can't kontakt figure out what instrument to load ? I just don't get it from a programing point of view isn't that basic ?

do I do something wrong ?

thx

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Please try disabling ASIO Guard and try again.

If you DOWNGRADE Kontakt, and you have saved your project with a newer version, this won't work. Older version of Kontakt cannot read newer version's data, that's how it's always been (and it won't change).

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,039 mod

Hello,

can you name a library from kK13 or K14 ultimate where it happens often, then i can try on my computer and cubase 12, it has the same "engine" as nuendo as far as I know, even if that will not help you with the empty instances and the crashes. Also cubase and nuendo has a crashlog, have you tried to send it to steinberg?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    edited October 2022

@ngodzillaa2 Unfortunately Kontakt 7 and Kontakt 6 are 2 different plug-ins and can live side by side and instances made with 6 will not automatically open with Kontakt 7. I understand what you're saying though and will forward your comments to the team. If I'm correct you were in contact with my colleagues regarding these crashes, did you contact them again ?

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Please try disabling ASIO Guard and try again.

If you DOWNGRADE Kontakt, and you have saved your project with a newer version, this won't work. Older version of Kontakt cannot read newer version's data, that's how it's always been (and it won't change).

• Futura
    Futura Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited September 2023

I have the same issue in Logic Pro 10.7.9 using Kontakt 7.5.2

When I load old sessions, my Komplete Kontrol instrument shows up blank. It’s not linking to my old instrument setting.

What can I do? Please help

I have Kontakt 5,6,7 installed, they all work fine. It just doesn’t load old sessions properly

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

@Futura I assume you have a m1 Mac. If you want to open old projects you should run Logic in Rosetta mode: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta