prism and mikro prism problems.

Peter Zeedijk
Peter Zeedijk Member Posts: 8 Member
edited October 2022 in Reaktor

First post so small intro. Peter from the netherlands, just starting of into NI and music making for a hobby. I started using the free NI software with cakewalk but moved on and added some stuff and there the problem begins.

I bought a a49 controller, a focusrite scarlet 2i2 3rd gen and Cubaes Elements. Everything works but since the move to Cubase and the Focusrite Prism and Mikro Prism give me a headache of problems wich i cannot solve my self.

What happens. When i load one of the 2 in Komplete of Reaktor stand alone or directly within Cubase as an instrument it seems to crash the sound engine. The problem does dissapear but sometimes takes a lot of reloading patches. When it works ik keeps working for hours without problems.

I re-installed both from within native acces, i have tried all kinds of different settings in my audio properties from within Cubase and the Focusrite properties. But nothing works to make it better.

It is very frustrating because is always start with a very loud distorted sound, really loud, hence the headaches. Sometimes it just fades and the sound wich i want to hear just starts. Sometimes i have to save my preset and keep reloading and reloading it. Sometimes i get the distorted sound, sometimes it just goes quiet and does nothing. Re starting Cubase is not a solution either. Patience is because eventually i get it working but that seems to be out of fate because i didnt change a thing.

I tried searching with google and this forum but i cannot find this problem anywhere so far.

The rest of the instruments in Reaktor and all the others i have installed are working flawlessly....anybody familiar with or has a solution for this problem for me? I made a short iPhone shot video where you can see and hear the problem but cannot use that here?

Thanks for reading an perhaps helping me out.

Peter

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Peter Zeedijk
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Ok i am stunnend...

I did so many things which didn't help a bit only made it worse. Even updated my motherboards bios which i tent not to do because of the risks

But, after all things it was so far it couldn't play a track from the start without problems en latencymon didn't even find problems anymore, so....

In Cubase i reset the audio settings for the 100th time i guess and no go... the 101th time i thought lets try the generic asio driver, that one gave an error...

But... selecting the focusrite usb asio driver again made all my problems disappear all works well for 30 minutes now. Even Prism and mikro prism don't act up....so fingers crossed that i found the solution.

Anyone care to explain?

@Paule I will listen to your work!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Peter Zeedijk What happens if you load Prism or Mikro Prism in Reaktor in standalone ? If you select your onboard soundcard too ?

• Peter Zeedijk

@Jeremy_NI Well standalone or Cubase doesn't seem to make a difference, both error. I also tried different sound properties in the standalone versions of Komplete and Reaktor to. I disabled the onboard soundcard because i thought that could have been the problem.

Do you think the Focusrite card is part of the problem?

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert

When I use Prism or Micro Prism in standalone, yes there are some really loud snapshot in it.

Myself don't use Komplete.

What keyboard do you use to play Prism?

If the velocity is high – shure there can be a loud distortion in the headphone.

• Peter Zeedijk

@Paule It is not just to loud from high velocity, it is very heavy distorted and very loud and all meters go into red. It is really the sound that crashes or goes haywire or whatever....

I have a Komplete control a49.

Today i cleaned al drivers on pc and reinstalled the focusrite drivers, but unfortunately no result all is the same.

• Paule
    edited October 2022

If you play in a midi files - what happens?

BTW is it at all snapshots the same distortion?

I've created a lot of snapshots for it without problems

and

• Peter Zeedijk

@Paule Yeas it happens constantly when i start, when i get it running i can change presets with no trouble at all.

Currently i am running in more and more trouble and more stuff that doesn't work as it should.

I bought Ashlight and noticed that it gave me clicks distorted sounds and wasn't listenable. So played with the buffer and at 1024 it was working as it should, but...

I made a track which just runs normally. Than i want to master in Izotope ozone elements which was free with the focusrite and te moment i activate ozon cubase acts weird, start stuttering sounds stops en loops and what ever. the moment i disable ozone it goes straight back to normal playback.....i simply don't get it.

Is it possible that my hardware cannot keep up with multiple vst's and fx activated in cubase elements?

I have:

Core i5 4690k a 3.5GHz

16gb ddr 3 ram

Asus z97-c

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050

Windows 10 which runs from a 512gb Samsung evo pro.

meets minimum i guess but maybe it is just not fast enough for more vst's running at the same time?

Greetings Peter

• Paule

This is a good question to the support about Nvidia and Core i5.

Myself take some steps back from 64 gb ram to 16 and from 6 kernels to 4. from win 7 pro to win 10 pro. 24/96 m-audio to realtek

What is your soundcard? onboard or external

At NI is a page with tuning tips for audio processing. Please take a look:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/209571729-Windows-Tuning-Tips-for-Audio-Processing

• Peter Zeedijk

@Paule

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen. This is an external usb device.

I'll check that link!

Thanks

• Peter Zeedijk

Well i am confused.

All i try that should improve the performance with my cubase and vst on my pc just makes it worse.....i am uncertain how to proceed now.....

sucks.

• Paule
    edited October 2022

Myself use a small daw mmm, MagixMusicMaker from 2009, to arrange audio clips I record from standalone Reaktor or HG Fortune ambient synths and seqs.

My last tracks are here on page 4

No Cubase or Wavelab on my new pc. So I don't know the latences.

About me: Making dark ambient/drone a like music

Above is from your profile. IMHO you'll like my tracks. All in all must be more than 130.

Here it's on a small mp3 hardware player with shuffle setting on playing.

• Peter Zeedijk
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

Ok i am stunnend...

I did so many things which didn't help a bit only made it worse. Even updated my motherboards bios which i tent not to do because of the risks

But, after all things it was so far it couldn't play a track from the start without problems en latencymon didn't even find problems anymore, so....

In Cubase i reset the audio settings for the 100th time i guess and no go... the 101th time i thought lets try the generic asio driver, that one gave an error...

But... selecting the focusrite usb asio driver again made all my problems disappear all works well for 30 minutes now. Even Prism and mikro prism don't act up....so fingers crossed that i found the solution.

Anyone care to explain?

@Paule I will listen to your work!

• Paule
    edited October 2022

In July this year as I got my win 10 the in-build Realtek had distortions I remember far.

There were some settings at 16 bit 48 kHz and some in 16 bit 44.1 kHz. Myself prefer 16/44.1.

After changing all it wasn't gone – the dist. Deeper in the settings was an additional setup from Realtek. After setting this all to CD standard there was no distortion and a clear sound.

But I miss the audio monitor way from the m-audio card.

• Peter Zeedijk

@Paule

I started on my onboard hd audio on my Asus motherboard but that really wasn't such a good card. The difference with the focusrite is a huge leap forward. Now that it works!

I must have touched a setting or perhaps more that were necessary but i guess it only started working after i really selected the focusrite in Cubase after selecting something else again. Ah well, me happy now.