Record my vinyls with Traktor pro3

DJ DOS
DJ DOS Member Posts: 7 Member
Hello everyone, can anyone advise me how to record the tracks from my vinyls?
In order to pass me all the tracks digitally

Best Answer

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,325 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

To record pure digital you need an A/D converter (Analog to Digital), unless your souncard has a phono input and do the conversion internally. Otherwise your recording will be analog. You see, the final file will be a digital file (wav, aiff, flac, mp3), but the recording itself will be an analog one, because a vinyl record is an analog recording!

However i think you need an audio editor (such as the free Audacity or the pro Soundforge, Wavelab etc.) for this and not Traktor. Traktor can do the job of course but it is more complicated than through an audio editor.

Either way, just plug your turntables to an audio input of your soundcard, do the necessary adjustments and... hit the Record button! 😉 Things can be as simple as that, but for top quality here is a good guide for Pro recording. Good luck!

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,325 mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓

To record pure digital you need an A/D converter (Analog to Digital), unless your souncard has a phono input and do the conversion internally. Otherwise your recording will be analog. You see, the final file will be a digital file (wav, aiff, flac, mp3), but the recording itself will be an analog one, because a vinyl record is an analog recording!

However i think you need an audio editor (such as the free Audacity or the pro Soundforge, Wavelab etc.) for this and not Traktor. Traktor can do the job of course but it is more complicated than through an audio editor.

Either way, just plug your turntables to an audio input of your soundcard, do the necessary adjustments and... hit the Record button! 😉 Things can be as simple as that, but for top quality here is a good guide for Pro recording. Good luck!

• DJ DOS
    I have always used wavelab but i thought with traktor to do before. 
    Thank you for your kind reply :)

• DJ DOS
    edited October 2022
    I have always used wavelab but i thought with traktor to do before,
    Also because I would like to digitize them just to use them with trackor and the S4MKII. 

Thank you for your kind reply :)

• Neddac
    Neddac Member Posts: 32 Member

I record through the audio 10 then chop with audacity and clean up with izotope rx.

It's a long process. I've only managed to do 100 records in 3 weeks.