Can't load 3rd party Libraries from KK files tab but can load them from Kontakt files tab?

GregM
GregM Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Using Logic, I'm able to load Spitfire libraries that are on a SA Drive if I use the files tab in Kontakt, these being the libraries that don't have a serial number. I recently bought Komplete Kontrol and when I go to the files tab I get an error message: "Loading Issue Could not load Plug-in". I have search the net for this issue and see it often but so far non of the remedies have helped.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod

Hey @GregM Some more info would be helpful. What is your operating system? What version of Kontakt are you using ? Does this happen in Komplete Kontrol in standalone, in a DAW? What DAW? What files tab of Komplete Kontrol do you mean ? Screenshots are welcome.

• GregM
    GregM Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

MacOS Monterey 12.6

Kontakt 7

Logic Pro X

Yes it happens in KK stand alone and Logic.

With sounds that don't have a serial number you can not use the Library tab to load instruments. You have to use the Files tab that is to the Right of the Library tab (see attachment)

To be clear the instruments will load using the files tab in Kontakt but won't load in using the files tab in Komplete Kontrol, both stand alone and DAW.

Thanks

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,624 mod
    Answer ✓

@GregM There is now a feature in Kontakt 7 to have your Non Player libraries to show in the browser: How to Add Non-Player Libraries to KONTAKT 7's Browser

Once you do that, does it fix the issue in Komplete Kontrol ?