Komplete Kontrol A25 advanced integration on Cubase Pro?

Options
Ian Painter
Ian Painter Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi! I recently attempted to use my A25 in Cubase to use the functions such as changing tracks, play and pause and turn on metronome from the controller. I went through a few tutorials. Went to Studio>Studio Setup and added the device; but the input and output settings did not include Komplete Kontrol A25 DAW - 1. The only option was Komplete Kontrol A25 MIDI. I then went through the process of updating my software and checking that the firmware was updated; but Cubase still does not show a DAW-1 option when setting up the device. Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Options

Have you checked "Midi Port Setup" in "Studio Setup" to make sure the DAW Port is active and "Visible"?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Ian Painter If you check your Windows Device Manager, can you find a Komplete Kontrol DAW port in the Sound, video and game controllers section?

If not you'll need to install the Bome driver manually:

• RvGeel
    RvGeel Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
    Options

I have two Native Instruments connected to my Windows system; S61 mkII and today I added an A25.

In the device manager, I can see the BomeMIDI: Komplete Kontrol DAW for the S61, but nothing for the A25.

When in Cubase, the Transport Control of the S61 works, the Transport Control buttons on the A25 don't dp anything. When I try to add Transport Control for the A25 in Cubase, I can only select A25 Midi, not DAW (and nothing happens).

Is there a User Interface for BomeMidi where I can add an instance for the A25? Or is there a way to make it discover my A25?

Thanks!!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@RvGeel Are you trying to use both keyboards at the same time? I'm afraid this is not possible. Or is it when you try to connect and use the A25 on it's own? Everything funtional in Komplete Kontrol in standalone? Can you see and select the A25 MIDI input, the DAW port as well?

• RvGeel
    Options

Dear Jeremy, thank for your reply.

Yes, I would like to use both keyboards in parallel, so I can control Transport Control from both keyboards (one is on my desk, the other on the keyboard stand).

I can see the A25 as MIDI keyboard, but when I try to learn the commands and press the Transport Control buttons on the A25, it doesn't send MIDI commands.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@RvGeel Unfortunately this is not possible, these buttons are not assignable with the Komplete Kontrol standalone application.

• RvGeel
    Options

Understood; thank you!!