Where can I find if NTKDaemon update to m1 native?

Moon_cy
Moon_cy Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I've received a reply that NTKDaemon (the native access installer) is not m1 native yet.

Then where can I find if NTKDaemon updated to m1 native? 

I can't find any information about it in "Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS"

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

what version of NA? 1 or 2. Not sure if NA1 was M1 compatible, but NA2 has an installer specifically for M1.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/

• safeite
    safeite Member Posts: 16 Member

NTKDaemon does not even appear in allowed/addable dependency - which makes it impossible to add in MacOS. Seems to be a large part of the issues with this installer.

• Blobabee
    Blobabee Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Native Access v2 (v3.1.0) M1 version is supposed to be M1 native, but is still requiring Rosetta? Specifically it's the NTKDaemon that appears to be requiring Rosetta when attempting to install the native M1 Native Access v2 mentioned above. It refuses to install if I don't let it install Rosetta? It's not native M1 if you have require Rosetta to be installed. Am I missing something here?

• Blobabee
    Blobabee Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited January 2023

I inquired with support, and if it makes it any easier in terms of knowledge, this is currently the company's stance on the status:

"Unfortunately this is not possible until products that are able to be installed by NA are also all M1 natively compatible. However the the NTKDaemon being M1 compatible is certainly something that is on the horizon! We are unable however to accurately predict or give you a time frame on when exactly this will be unfortunately."

While not exactly the result I was hoping for, I do hope this helps by providing clarity for others alike.

• Dawud
    Dawud Member Posts: 28 Member

So how we get this to workIts 2024 and i'm having issue registration of my kompleate kontrol 61 having issue with NTK Daemon I just purchased the plus and i cant get that to connect as a controller my machine 2 software don't recognize the device ******. I'm useing Big sur ios11.7 do i need to go back to a older ios for all this to work ?