Why live stems are not available

WHY traktor does not make an update to do the stems live thing that competitors have done recently I'm quite disappointed elsewhere

Best Answer

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert
    Answer ✓

It's on the roadmap.

But NI does not give much development ressources to traktor, so it takes forever.

Answers

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,219 Expert
    Answer ✓

It's on the roadmap.

But NI does not give much development ressources to traktor, so it takes forever.

• Knivshult
    Knivshult Member Posts: 19 Helper

You mean that reoadmap that ended up in an ded end?? That one that isn't even uppdated for Q4 yet?

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

Stems are in development. Be patient and if you can’t do that then head over to Serato. I’d much rather have a quality product, rather than something rushed because folk are wining that they don’t have it yet. Because if NI did that, those very same people will be the ones to scream at NI that the product isn’t good enough. So chill out and wait like the rest of us.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,002 Guru

@lebeletalon said:

competitors have done recently

Actually some competitors did it two years ago. Serato are late to the party. I see some people reacting as if it's a brand new thing. Where have they been for the past two years? 😀

I'm quite disappointed elsewhere

Well it's better than being disappointed here. 🙂

• IJsbreker
    IJsbreker Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

What's the status now for the live stem decks?

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 181 Pro
    edited October 2023

Do it when you can, but do it well. Because what Rekordbox has done with real-time stems is shameful, terrible sound quality. And Serato is not that good either, in my opinion. But hey, there are people who play mp3s at 128 kbps...

In the meantime you can use NUO-Stems to convert your library into Traktor stems files.

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 201 Advisor

For now, you can use izotope rebalance and convert the saved files to a Traktor stems file. Chances are, the Traktor implementation will be using izotop rebalance anyway.