Can you disable keytracking of sample pitch?

Chrycibulum
Chrycibulum Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi, I'm just getting my feet wet with creating Kontakt instruments.

I want to chromatically map a group of samples across the keyboard, one key per sample, and have the files play at their real pitch, i.e. the pitch they have when opened in a simple sound player like VLC. The zones' key ranges automap as desired based on the filenames, but they all have a root note of C3 instead of the key that plays it, which causes intervals to double (every semitone is a whole tone).

Is it possible to make the samples "unpitched" so Kontakt won't transpose them? It would save me having to manually set each zone's root note.

The filename format is:

Principal8_Mono - C3.wav

Principal8_Mono - C#3.wav

Principal8_Mono - D3.wav

(etc. up to C8)

Best Answer

• Chrycibulum
    Answer ✓

I solved my own question:

In the Auto-Map Setup window, checking and then unchecking "Read root key from sample metadata if possible" caused the menu item "using root key" to change to "make root key," so I was able to set all the root keys properly.

These samples were created in Image-Line Edison and are supposed to contain root key metadata.

Answers

• Chrycibulum
    Answer ✓

I solved my own question:

In the Auto-Map Setup window, checking and then unchecking "Read root key from sample metadata if possible" caused the menu item "using root key" to change to "make root key," so I was able to set all the root keys properly.

These samples were created in Image-Line Edison and are supposed to contain root key metadata.