Where is Kontakt 7 dll?

Mike Garry
Mike Garry Member Posts: 10 Member

I've just downloaded and installed Kontakt 7 without any problems. But when I try to add VSTi (in RealBand or any DAW) I can't find the dll location.

I assumed it would be in C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit where Kontakt 5 and Kontak6 DLLs are. But it's not.

Can anyone help?

Mike

PS Kontakt 7 is visible and seems to work fine as a standalone.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Kontakt 7 is VST3 only so you will find the plug-in here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. As @BroncoBilli said.

@BroncoBilli Yes, only the new browser of Kontakt 7 is resizeable. I'm not sure what feature you mean with Ableton.

Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert
    edited October 2022

It should be in your VST folder!

This is the folder where you put all your other VST instruments. Usually it is on those locations:

C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase\VSTPlugins

Unless if Kontakt 7 is now only VST3 (I don't own Kontakt so i don't know), so in that case, there are no .dll files, only .vst3 files in directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

• Mike Garry
    Mike Garry Member Posts: 10 Member

I have RealBand (PG Music). I'm not sure if it accepts VST3?

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

Never heard of RealBand before, but you're probably better of contacting them.

Though some posts suggest that it does not support VST3.

• Sunborn

Mike Garry, Monochrome the guy is looking for .DLL files...

VST3 files are NOT .DLL files 😋

• BroncoBilli
    BroncoBilli Member Posts: 3 Member

Hm. I'm pretty sure they are DLL files. If they're not dll files, what are they? They need to be NAMED .vst3, it's true. That's like confusing a category of thing ("humans") with their "last name", I think.

• BroncoBilli
    BroncoBilli Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2022

That IS the answer, though. it's in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.

Trying to figure out how to use the BROWSER drag-and-drop the instruments to Ableton. Where is a video on that? Sad VST3 interface is pretty much non-resizable.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Kontakt 7 is VST3 only so you will find the plug-in here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3. As @BroncoBilli said.

@BroncoBilli Yes, only the new browser of Kontakt 7 is resizeable. I'm not sure what feature you mean with Ableton.

• dacian
    dacian Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have same problem. i cant find it in akai mpc beats. since I'm not a Fl studio user due to its crazy price. i only use akai mpc beats. it doesnt support vst 3 and the other vst like 64 and 32 is not there. can any one help me to get the 32 and 64 vst files?

• Sunborn
    edited June 2023

32bit is dead, long long ago, you have to move on... almost no one creates 32bit versions anymore.

Also, as the admin mention few comments above, Kontakt 7 is VST3 only. Thus, .dll, simply does not exist! The only thing you can do, is to find an older version. ...or to update

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,530 Expert

There is no longer 32bits of much of anything.

As mentioned above:

Kontakt 7 is VST3 only so you will find the plug-in here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3.

So Kontakt 7 is only VST3 compatible, no VST2 and if your program does not support VST3 then you cannot use Kontakt 7 without using something to wrap the VST3 into a VST2 container.