How to Reassign Root of Playbox User Sample if it's been analyzed wrong? (Without Affecting Pitch)

RobertoMiracle
RobertoMiracle Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited September 2022 in Kontakt

I understand that you can "adjust" the root note, but that alters the sample's playback of pitch. Is there a way to reassign while keeping the pitch?

Otherwise, wouldn't that throw off Playbox's understanding of the root pitch, meaning all chords containing that sample will be off?

Or am I totally missing something? Thanks all!

*Using Kontakt 6, Komplete 13 Select

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,052 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

this is expected behavior, the root note is the note the sample has if you play it unaltered, for example in a media player. That information is needed to pitch the sample correctly across the keyboard, it's an anchor point if you will, so changing it will of course affect the playback over all keys. So it's important to set it correctly, if you then press c3 you will hear a C3 and so on. Or maybe i don't get your question.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,052 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

this is expected behavior, the root note is the note the sample has if you play it unaltered, for example in a media player. That information is needed to pitch the sample correctly across the keyboard, it's an anchor point if you will, so changing it will of course affect the playback over all keys. So it's important to set it correctly, if you then press c3 you will hear a C3 and so on. Or maybe i don't get your question.