Does anyone get 'ID3 tags could not be read' warnings when opening up Traktor?

Jay.Dub
Jay.Dub Member Posts: 12 Member

It's bothered me for years, and I've never found a solution.

Happens with a handful of tracks out of 82,000 and I've tried changing the permissions on the files, and no difference.

I'm on MacOS latest version, but this has been happening across multiple versions of OS and Traktor, so must be file-based?

Any help appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert
    Answer ✓

This is usually happening when you have a new version of Traktor, but your tracks were tagged by an older version. Or, you tagged the tracks on a different computer.

What you need to do is a bit frustrating but is the only solution i have found. You need to select the tracks, then "right click" and choose "Delete from collection" and then choose "additionally remove Traktor tags".

Then you have to re-import the tracks to the collection and re-analyze them... Problem solved! 😉

Alternatively you can remove these tags either with an audio editor (such as SoundForge, Wavelab, Audacity etc.), or with a tag editor (such as Mp3tag) but it will take even more time (since you will have to re-analyze the tracks with Traktor anyway)...

Sadly you can not avoid this process. As long as the "wrong" tags remain on the tracks, you will get this message, no matter what. Good luck!

However i have to point out that this problem occurs only to WAV (and possible to AIFF) files. I never see it on a FLAC or an Mp3 file.

(On the image below you can see how this Traktor tag looks in audio editor)

• Jay.Dub
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the help, all sorted! Such a relief!!

Answers

• Sunborn
    Answer ✓

This is usually happening when you have a new version of Traktor, but your tracks were tagged by an older version. Or, you tagged the tracks on a different computer.

What you need to do is a bit frustrating but is the only solution i have found. You need to select the tracks, then "right click" and choose "Delete from collection" and then choose "additionally remove Traktor tags".

Then you have to re-import the tracks to the collection and re-analyze them... Problem solved! 😉

Alternatively you can remove these tags either with an audio editor (such as SoundForge, Wavelab, Audacity etc.), or with a tag editor (such as Mp3tag) but it will take even more time (since you will have to re-analyze the tracks with Traktor anyway)...

Sadly you can not avoid this process. As long as the "wrong" tags remain on the tracks, you will get this message, no matter what. Good luck!

However i have to point out that this problem occurs only to WAV (and possible to AIFF) files. I never see it on a FLAC or an Mp3 file.

(On the image below you can see how this Traktor tag looks in audio editor)

• Jay.Dub
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the help, all sorted! Such a relief!!

• Dimi
    Dimi Member Posts: 5 Member

Hello,

I have the same issue,the offered solution doesn’t work….I find lots of information on the internet,most outdated…since ITunes changed..have bought an iPad Pro,last week installed traktor on it..my bought songs show up immediately…what you would expect..on my MacBook file management is a disaster..

• Jay.Dub

I find just opening the files in a sound editor like Fission and just resaving them sorts the problem, next time Traktor starts, the errors have gone.

• dubflakes
    dubflakes Member Posts: 1 Member

The solution for me was to simply stop using WAV files and converting all the ones in my library to AIFF or Flac and then relocating the new conversions through my Traktor Library.

• djron
    djron Member Posts: 11 Member

I only use MP3's and get this message in some folders. I researched on file management and found some helpful suggestions (to many to mention). Googling, file management with Traktor is my solution. Hope this helps anyone going thru this issue ...🙂

• Sunborn
    edited October 2022

"...Googling, file management with Traktor is my solution..."

Respectfully, that is not a solution, it is a simple suggestion.

• djron
    djron Member Posts: 11 Member

by the way after re-reading this thread, specially the solution which worked and marked as answer is absolutely on point. did it the editing software I use (Sound Forge Vrs.15) and noticed the red colored message disappear.

Thank You. 😀

• Leonski
    Leonski Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello,

I tried all and nothing worked for me sadly!

Can someone help with a beter solution.

BTW NI says that is works but what I reed is doesnt works because you have to convert every single number and then traktor can see it..... ????????

• The Sarge
    The Sarge Member Posts: 125 Helper

I´m reorganizing my collection & due to it become bigger than expected also changed the HDD and the drive-letter and became on some tracks this error. But I thought that I simply made something wrong and converted & reimported them with then no errors

but not so cool to hear, that it wasn´t my fault and so another Traktor-problem arrived 😕