Unable to install kontakt 7 player.

Phil Tsai
Phil Tsai Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I own komplete 12, when Komplete 14 was released, Kontakt 7 player showed up in native access. But when I installed it, after installing, it showed success, but suddenly, it is still to be installed in native access, why?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

It showed up for me as well (and still does), despite me being on Komplete 13. Surely an error.

• Ronny Bangsund
    Ronny Bangsund Member Posts: 71 Helper

Kontakt Player 7 showed up for me on Sunday, before Komplete was registered to my account. I could actually install and run it though. There have been constant little (and big) blips with NA2.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,291 mod

Yes, it's a little hiccup. Kontakt 7 will be released soon and Kontakt 7 Player should be available to everyone. If the issue persists after that, let us know here.

• Stephen Bashaw
    Stephen Bashaw Member Posts: 1 Member

Having same issue with K7 full version. It gives me a message that it is installing, and then a success message, but Windows registry is not showing it is installed. Then when I open Native Access it shows it hasn't been installed.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@Stephen Bashaw Please look in the download folder selected in your Native Access's preferences and look for the Kontakt installer. Start the installer form there. Did that work?

• jbk2022
    jbk2022 Member Posts: 3 Member

I own Kontakt 7 and Komplete Now / Komplete Select

The main K7 app has installed fine, however, K7 Player won't show for me in the NI Access app.

• Jeremy_NI

@jbk2022 Well, if you own the full version of Kontakt, Kontakt 7 Player is just the free version, it will not show as a different product. It's just a matter of license and activation.

• jsterj
    jsterj Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited November 2022

I was having the same issue. Here's what worked for me:

In the Native Access settings, the "Download Location" and "Content Location" were set to the following:

C:\Users\Public\Downloads and C:\Users\Public\Documents

I changed them to the respective folders for my personal Windows account:

C:\Users\MyUsernameHere\Downloads and C:\Users\MyUsernameHere\Documents

I re-ran the installation and everything worked.

Keep in mind, this was a fresh install of Native Access for me. I had no concerns about breaking any existing installs. I'm not certain if changing those settings on existing installs may cause issues. You could start with just the "Download Location" setting and see if that's enough.

NOTE: If the above solution doesn't work and you want to try running the installer manually, you may need to copy the installer file out of the downloads folder as soon as it downloads (i.e., prior to Native Access finishing its installation process). In my case, Native Access cleaned up after itself and deleted the download after it was finished(so it would not have been available to run manually).

• Charlie09
    Charlie09 Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Hi. Please I need help. I downloaded and installed the Kontakt 7 Player but I don't see it as installed on my computer neither am I able to open it in my DAW. Please I really need to sort it out.

• Jeremy_NI

@Charlie09 Ok but maybe give us more info here. What is your operating system? How do you witness the absence of the Kontakt 7 application or program? Kontakt 7 is VST3 only so make sure to enable VS3 in your DAW...Also what DAW are you using?

• Charlie09

I use Windows 10. When I tried opening it in my DAW after installation it came with a question mark. And I use FL 20

• Jeremy_NI

@Charlie09 Have you tried to open the Kontakt 7 standalone application? What happens ?

By default VST3 files are installed here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Did you move the Kontakt 7.vst3 file ?

• Charlie09

It's on my desktop button won't open

• Jeremy_NI

@Charlie09 Have you tried starting it from the location it is installed? By default it's here: C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Kontakt 7

Are you able to load other NI applications?

• Charlie09

I use Windows 10. When I tried opening it in my DAW after installation it came with a question mark. And I use FL 20