How to add image to Library Tiles in Browser view

Old WiseMan
Old WiseMan Member Posts: 5 Member

All my Komplete library tiles have lovely images, which helps with identfying specific libraries that I want to search within, however my 3rd party (activated within NA) libraries such as Fingerpick by Realitone get a boring grey folder icon. There is an image with this product as it shows up on the old fashioned library listing. Is there anyway to get it to have an image in browser view and is there even a way to add custom images to library tiles in browser view. I can imagine a chunk of grey folder icons with small writing under them will not be a great UX.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited October 2022

@Old WiseMan It's only happening with 3rd party libraries in your case, right? Unfortunately, not all manufacturers provided the images necessary to show the proper icons in the new browser.

• Theo van de Ven
    Theo van de Ven Member Posts: 43 Member

Can we perhaps add our own image than? perhaps its possible to place an image ourselfs .

How would this be possible please?

• Jeremy_NI

@Old WiseMan @Theo van de Ven Sorry it took a little long to get all the info needed. So, it's possible to add custom pictures. The Kontakt team would prefer not to make it public for now. So if you're really desperate for that feature I can send you the instructions on how to do it.

• Dannyc
    Dannyc Member Posts: 1 Member

I would also love to have the ability to add images to replace those gray folders. How can I go about getting those instructions as well? My email is dkjune2@aol.com

Thanks,

Danny C.

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor

Me too please?

• Jeremy_NI

Hey there, you can find how to do it in this video:

Please keep in mind that it's at your own risk and not officially supported.

• Keith Cocker
    Keith Cocker Member Posts: 120 Advisor

Thanks very much

• FilmTraveler
    FilmTraveler Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Jeremy, thank you for the clues you provided in this thread. I'd already found that video and tried it in Kontakt 7, however, and it had no effect. Would you mind sending the instructions, just in case there are details I missed? Thank you.

• FilmTraveler

Note of clarification: I did get this technique to work on SOME libraries, but not others (placing the MST_artwork.png file and appropriate .meta file in the appropriate subfolder of the "image" folder). Cannot find a real rhyme or reason to it. So I'd love to know what specific things Kontakt 7 needs to be in place for it to work; for example, does the folder name need to match EXACTLY the folder name where the non-player library is stored? What case or name conventions are followed? What exact rules is Kontakt 7 using to "look for" the folder, such that it finds it in one case but fails to in another? Thank you!!!!

• FilmTraveler

I discovered something crucial:

For the standard technique to work as described in the video Jeremy linked, the folder name CANNOT INCLUDE SPECIAL CHARACTERS (including parentheses, quotes, & brackets).

I confirmed this is something which breaks Kontakt and prevents the thumbnails from showing. So you have to rename the non-player libraries, remove and re-add them to Kontakt browser under the new "sanitized" name, and use the new sanitized name as the subfolder name under "images" for this to work. (This could break DAW projects which already reference the instrument, but I haven't verified this.)

Anyway, that's what I found, if it helps.