NA2 requires VPN to avoid 'waiting for connection'

Old WiseMan
Old WiseMan Member Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2022 in Native Access

I've found that Native Access 2 does not play well with my very effective Internet boundary protection. I run a Ubiquiti Dream Machine for boundary protection and whereas the old NA was perfectly happy NA2 just sits at waiting for connection. If I activate a VPN on the computer running NA2 then it works perfectly. Seems like NA2 is doing something that is considered naughty and by running it with a VPN the encrypted traffic is then let through. If I can find the time I might get a wireshark trace and see if I can see why the Ubiquiti doesn't like what NA2 is doing.

YMMV, just putting this out there for info.

Tagged:

Comments

• Old WiseMan
    Old WiseMan Member Posts: 5 Member

Just to add - the reason why it gets blocked is that it classes it as a network trojan.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Old WiseMan Thanks for reporting this, I forwarded the info to the Native Access 2 team.

• WalshDylan
    WalshDylan Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2023

Your issue could be caused by a variety of factors, such as the specific security settings of your internet protection system. But this may vary depending on the user's setup and the specific configurations used. Btw, I'm glad you've found a workaround for this issue by running Native Access 2 with a VPN enabled. This will encrypt the traffic and allow it to pass through your internet boundary protection system. Yet, it's also important to keep in mind that running a VPN may slow down your internet connection. If you want to avoid this, you may try proxies from https://soax.com/ . I hope I helped.

• andre2002
    andre2002 Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 24

The same problem.

• Scoops
    Scoops Member Posts: 39 Member

This is another one of those scratch my head moments with what NI is doing

I had to rebuild my computer recently. I have all my libraries on a separate ssd. When I got to my NI stuff, NA2 did not give me the option to "repair" as the online docs suggest, rather, I had an option to "Locate" When I directed it to a the location, my antivirus flagged it as a warning, indicating it was installing something on my H drive. I have no H drive. ******?!