Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk2 - Setup Freezes

stumax
stumax Member Posts: 9 Member
edited August 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Hi,

Recently got hold of an S61 second hand , everything seems fine apart from when I click the setup button on the board .

On doing so it is not possible to alter the brightness or velocity scaling or go back to browser or any other view by pressing the nearby buttons. Keyboard still seems to be sending note values but otherwise it just seems frozen.

Just updated KK software to latest and ran standalone and in DAW (Studio 1) tried with and without adaptor. Same result on all attempts.

Wondering if anybody might have a suggestion on how to resolve this? I previously had a S49 Mk1 installed on the system, don't know if that might make a difference.

Is there any way to reinstall the firmware ? The app says it already has latest (0.5.9) and doesn't offer an option to reinstall.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

Strange, is that the only thing that isn't working?

Have you tried uninstalling fully and reinstalling Komplete Kontrol software?

• stumax

Yeh everything else seems totally fine, I haven’t tried a reinstall will give that a go today.

thanks for the suggestion.

• stumax

Did a reinstall of KK - issue remains.

Tried the keyboard on another computer and it's totally fine.

The difference is that the working machine is an intel and the one with the freeze is an M1 Pro SOC , so I guess this comes under the category of 'not supported yet'

Glad it's not a problem with the board itself though.

Thanks

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod

Hey @stumax Yes, M1 Max & M1 Pro are not officially supported yet. Still, there is a couple of things to check:

1. Is everything functional when using the keyboard in the Komplete Kontrol standalone application ?
    2. Did you give Full Disk Access to Komplete Kontrol and Studio One ? How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS
    3. If you are using Studio One 5.4 you need to run it in Rosetta mode to ensure compatibilty with the keyboard and it's software: How to Open Your DAW Using Rosetta

If after these steps you still have this issue, then yes we can assume it's an incompatibility with the M1.

Hopefully that helps.

• stumax

Support ticket created ..

• Jeremy_NI

Ok, so you checked point 2 and 3 already, restarted your computer and that didn't change anything ?

• stumax

Thanks for the info,. checked all these and issue remains.

• stumax

Also to add for point 1, everything seems functional in standalone apart from when I press the setup button and the resulting freeze.

• Brayaninho
    Brayaninho Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have the same problem with the same fireware version ( v0.5.9 )

I had a new PC, so I reinstalled all my Native Instruments plugins, with their most recent version.

Result, when I open logic or kontact in standalone mode, and press the "Setup" button, and try to change the velocity, the interface freezes and I can't do anything unless I restart the keyboard.

I tried reinstalling the komplete kontrol plugin, it didn't change anything

• Jeremy_NI

What is your operating system? Do you have a M1 computer? In this case are you running Logic in Rosetta mode ? Have you checked the 3 points mentioned earlier in this post ? What happens in Komplete Kontrol in standalone ?

• mpk
    mpk Member Posts: 1 Member

I can report exactly the same issue with my brand new S88 II. Push "Setup", and as soon as you even touch the control which should change the velocity curve the whole interface freezes. i7 Mac mini, running standalone (and running inside Bitwig gives the same results). Controller has firmware v0.6.0.

Everything works fine inside KK... except this.

And yes, full disk access, no, not under Rosetta because this is an Intel machine. Really hard to see this as anything other than a firmware bug.

It's deeply frustrating, as the default curve on the S88 is almost unplayably shallow and I can't get full velocity notes unless I really bash on the poor thing.

• stumax

Hi,

The workaround is to install the previous version of Maschine (strangely this also fixed KK for me too) .

NI Support uploaded version 2.14.7 of maschine here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bGmbIS1TCzBaHd4GvWj41S5Jrv5Qcgnm/view?usp=sharing

Hope it helps.

sTu

• Jeremy_NI

@mpk We've contacted you by email regarding this issue, we'd like to investigate.

• TypicalsCo
    TypicalsCo Member Posts: 7 Member

I'm having the exact same issue. Every time I enter the SETUP menu, I can adjust the Display brightness – but everything freezes as soon as I touch the Velocity scaling knob, which force me to restart my keyboard.

MacOS Ventura 13.01, iMac (Intel 2020).

Latest firmware is installed and everything else works fine (when using the standalone Komplete Kontrol, my DAW etc).

• Jeremy_NI

@TypicalsCo I see you got in touch with our support, my colleague just got back to you.