Kontakt 7 dll not installed in mt VST folder

Digital Dharma
Digital Dharma Member Posts: 3 Member

Just upgraded to Komplete 14. However I am unable to find Kontakt 7 within my DAW (Reaper).

I've double checked the install path is correct (Windows\VST64) but there is no dll file to be found.Yes, I've scanned the VST folder several times but it's not been installed, so basically I cannot run Kontakt 7 within Reaper, which is a major disappointment, especially considering installed the Komplete 14 package went fairly smoothly.

Any help/suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @Digital Dharma Kontakt 7 is VST3 only, there is no VST2 Plug-in. Make sure to select VST3 plug-ins in your DAW. VST3 files are installed to this location by default: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @Digital Dharma Kontakt 7 is VST3 only, there is no VST2 Plug-in. Make sure to select VST3 plug-ins in your DAW. VST3 files are installed to this location by default: C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

I installed the "Player" that showed up in Native Access and can confirm that there does not appear to be a VST2 64bit .dll installed, only VST3...No mention of removal of VST2 in the release notes...🤪

I know this does not help you, but figured I would let you know it is not specific to you!!!

• Digital Dharma
    Digital Dharma Member Posts: 3 Member

Thank you Jeremy your answer solved both issues I had with Kontakt 7 and Ozone 10 very easily.

Much appreciated, I'm sure it will help others too.

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

@Jeremy_NI you may want to have the K7 dev team update the release notes in NA to include that VST2 support was removed...🤪

• HansDeHeer
    HansDeHeer Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited October 2022

So... in the Native Access "Preferences" window you can only indicate two directories:

VST Location (32 bit)

VST Location (64 bit)

As far as I can tell there is no way to indicate locations for VST2 and VST3, right? I now copied the Kontakt 7 dll from the default installation directory to the directory that I indicated in Ableton as my VST3 directory, which indeed solved the issue, but this is not what you would want. Especially since indeed there is no mentioning whatsoever of dropping VST2 support...

• SugarShack
    SugarShack Member Posts: 6 Member

I am confused as I am having the same problem. The confusion is because under the "Specifications" tab on the product page for Kontakt 7 it clearly says " Windows (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AAX". I'm reading replies by the NA Team that it's only VST3. Something isn't making sense.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

VST3 has a single location specified by Steinberg where plugins supposed to go. Same as AAX and AU on Mac.

• Jeremy_NI

@SugarShack You are right, the Kontakt 7 product page was misleading, it has been corrected now.

• NorthernMenace
    NorthernMenace Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I didn't realize Kontakt 7 was vst3 prior to purchasing either. Website did not specify this. I knew Ozone was vst3. Using Reason 12 as my DAW. Waiting on Reason Studios to add vst3 to R12.... I know I know...should be able to run vst3 by the end of the year I hope.

Anyways...throughly enjoying Komplete 14. First time NI user.

Thanks all.

• Fernando L.
    Fernando L. Member Posts: 2 Member

For those of you who have already scanned the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 location several times and Reaper still doesn't recognize Kontakt, what worked for me was to go directly to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 location, create a folder named Kontakt and put the Kontakt 7.vst3 file inside, then scan this folder from Reaper, then close and reopen Reaper. You probably still don't recognize it but if you go to Preferences/ VST/ Re-scan/ Plugins that failed to scan, the Kontakt.vst3 file will appear at the start, click on it, then apply and OK. Close and reopen REAPER and finally Kontakt will appear in FX. The process could probably be shorter but that's exactly what I did before it showed up on FX. Therefore, I better share the entire process with you.

• Levidubz
    Levidubz Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

So if people are still having issues i find changing the "download location" path to the previously stated C:\Program files\Common files\VST3, as well as to the "VST Location (64bit)" allows the download to complete. not sure if the second path change is neccessary, but it worked for me.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert

You should be able to run the VST2 version of Komplete Kontrol and use that to load the VST3 version of Kontakt. It should work as a wrapper allowing VST3 to run in a host that only has VST2 available.

• Carlos D
    Carlos D Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    > @"Fernando L." said:
    > For those of you who have already scanned the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 location several times and Reaper still doesn't recognize Kontakt, what worked for me was to go directly to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 location, create a folder named Kontakt and put the Kontakt 7.vst3 file inside, then scan this folder from Reaper, then close and reopen Reaper. You probably still don't recognize it but if you go to Preferences/ VST/ Re-scan/ Plugins that failed to scan, the Kontakt.vst3 file will appear at the start, click on it, then apply and OK. Close and reopen REAPER and finally Kontakt will appear in FX. The process could probably be shorter but that's exactly what I did before it showed up on FX. Therefore, I better share the entire process with you.

Valeu cara! Great man! Thanks, for me, now everything ok! Salud!