komplete Audio 6 with Traktor Z2 + analogue mixer and out to active speakers

Hi,

I am trying to tie together my Z2 and analog mixer and get the o/p to my active speakers. Currently I can do one, or the others.

Cue in the komplete Audio 6: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/audio-interfaces/komplete-audio-6/ It has two Line-In(Digital), and four analogue Inputs + the o/p for my active speakers.

Does anybody know if the Analogue inputs can be used for my RCA connectors from my Eclar analogue mixer, and the Digital Line In from my Z2 mixer?

How could this affect sound quality?

Regards,

S.

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,966 mod

Hello,

i don't understand what exactly you want to achieve. You can use the audio 6 to output 2 track decks to the analog mixer, then of course you have to connect your speakers also to that mixer. Or, what i would do, just use the Z2 and connect the speakers there. If you use a mac you could create a aggregate device and use both together (Z2 and audio 6) on windows you can do that with asio4all but that's not stable for all users/usecases, i personally had never a problem with that.

• sophie101
    sophie101 Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi,

I want to do something like this that is portable and can survive in harsh environments - See enclosed drawing. Replace Audio6 with 'something'.

• sophie101

I might not even need a Traktor device after all!

• Uwe303

You should be able to connect the eclair to the Z1 if you don't want to use time code vinyl, then of course connect the speakers to the Z1.

• sophie101
    edited October 2022

Hi,

1. You cannot connect an analog mixer into the Z1. A Z1 does not have the inputs.
    2. A dependency is created on my notebook/Traktor if I could run my analog through Traktor . I want to use my desks independently of Traktor.
    3. Why use timecode when I have dex and vinyl :-)

• Uwe303

Yes correct, then google put out some wrong pictures of the backside of the Z1. So then do it the other way around, use the eclair as "master" and the Z1 (traktor master) through it, if it has a line input.

• sophie101
    edited October 2022

My Eclair is a two channel mixer so this won't work.

It is a shame that Eclair didn't make a good three channel mixer , because my two channel has 2 x XLR out (main), 2 x RCA out (booth) with separate masters. I could be sorted with a third channel LineIn

• Uwe303
    edited October 2022

Eclair warm 2 is a 3 channel mixer, and for me it looks good. But in your case, if you don't want to spend lot of money a little line mixer could help. They often only have unsymmetrical inputs but that's maybe not a problem.

• Uwe303
    edited October 2022

I searched and it's really not that easy to find a line mixer in stereo, not too big and with a certain quality. I only found the ART Powermix III or the ART Macromix.