Where is Native Access's locations DB?

portthames
portthames Member Posts: 47 Member
edited February 2022 in Native Access

I want to install NA into a new PC and transfer my content.

I realize Native Access has the option to re-point to new locations - saving redownloading - but I have over 100 products and that will still involve clicking each library to individually reassign.

Does Native Access store it's library location info in a database or XML or similar that I could simply transfer from my old device OR copy over and edit?

Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

On Windows, NA uses registry entries to determine the Status of a library, so it would require moving all relevant Registry entries to the new computer. Could it be done? with a lot of work, Maybe!!! Would "I" attempt it, probably not. When messing with the registry, Hosing the OS is definite possibility!!! Would be nice if there was an easier way!

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

On Windows, NA uses registry entries to determine the Status of a library, so it would require moving all relevant Registry entries to the new computer. Could it be done? with a lot of work, Maybe!!! Would "I" attempt it, probably not. When messing with the registry, Hosing the OS is definite possibility!!! Would be nice if there was an easier way!

• portthames

That's a pity - but anyway, thanks for the heads-up, I'm in agreement with you, they should make it even easier.

• Nanlo
    Nanlo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I have just installed Windows 10 and have 97 products with 345GB of data already copied over from the old Windows install.

I very much request that a "locate all" option be implemented.

I've set the "content" directory in the preferences. As an example of what is required, for Session Horns Pro, I have to click on Locate -> Brows -> Session Horns Pro -> Select Folder -> Install. What makes this so frustrating, is that the directories are named the exact same thing as the product. These are directories Native Access created in the first place, and I told it where they where (in the preferences). It should be able to find them itself.

A humble request.

Kind regards,

Nanlo

• portthames

I echo some of this. So much of the requirement appears to be already implemented.