No midi output with Kontakt 7

keano66
keano66 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited October 2022 in Kontakt

I have Kontakt 6 - works fine. I selected the correct midi input and output in the options page, press a key on my keyboard and I can hear the sound. All is well.

I have Kontakt 7 - I select the correct midi out and midi in, play a sound with my keyboard - but no sound comes out. I can see that the midi in lights up in Kontakt 7 when I play a key but no sound. If I switch Kontakt 7 off and try a Youtube video, I just get a spinning ball (it doesn't play the video) and i have to restart my computer. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@keano66 Did you check what MIDI channel the instrument in Kontakt 7 is set to ?

What soundcard and what audio driver are you using ? Make sure to set Kontakt 7 and your Windows system to the same sample frequency.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

Is this in standalone? Make sure the audio setup is the same between K6 and K7 I guess (Options->Audio).

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@keano66 No reply from you for a while. I'll now close this post. If you still need assistance you can get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

This discussion has been closed.