Weird Kontakt 7 issue in Renoise

quadis
quadis Member Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2022 in Kontakt

so i can load in the kontakt 7 plugin fine. i can load libraries into it and everything works. but once i close the kontakt window, i can't open it again.

it's still there in the instrument list, i can still play whatever library i had loaded in, i just can't open the damn window again no matter what i do.

if i load in another instance of kontakt 7, everything works, but again once i close the window, it won't open again.

anyone else?

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

It seems that our devs finally identified an issue. Not sure if the fix will come from us or them yet. Will report back!

Answers

• Jeremy_NI

@Quade Do you still experience this issue? I don't have Renoise yet to test it out. What version of Renoise are you using ? Do you run it as administrator ? How to Run a Program as an Administrator

If you still need help on this, I'll get in touch by email, if you can make a video of the issue it would be great as it will speed things up to do a proper bug report, thank you.

• quadis

yup, it's still happening. for other renoise users as well it seems. i'm on the latest renoise version (v3.4.2). running as admin makes no difference.

here's an error log someone over at the renoise forums posted, if that helps:

Log shows:

Vst3Plugs: Instantiating: /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Kontakt 7.vst3…

Vst3Plugs: Disabled auto-suspending for plugin ‘Native Instruments: Kontakt 7’ (it reports an infinite tail)

Vst3Plugs: Failed to suggest speaker arrangement (not critical)

Vst3Plugs: Opening custom editor window for plug ‘Native Instruments: Kontakt 7’…

Vst3Plugs: Editor window for plug ‘Native Instruments: Kontakt 7’ was closed

Vst3Plugs: Opening custom editor window for plug ‘Native Instruments: Kontakt 7’…

Vst3Plugs: Failed to attach plugin editor (1). FAILED to open the editor…

Error Message: Failed to create the plugin GUI. See the log for details.

i could make a video of it if necessary, but all that happens is what i described earlier. kontakt 7 loads, GUI opens, but once you close the GUI it won't open again. the plugin still responds, it doesn't crash, you can still play any loaded libraries etc, it's just the plugin GUI that won't open back up.

• quadis

another thing i just realized is that kontakt 7 looks a bit different from all other plugins in the instrument list.

i loaded in a bunch of others (both vst2 and vst3), and none of them has this added at the end. not sure if it's relevant at all, but i don't think i've seen that before.

• Jeremy_NI

@quadis I contacted you by email regarding this issue.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

I have a feeling this is a Renoise VST3 implementation issue, as this apparently doesn't happen in any other host which supports VST3.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

It seems that our devs finally identified an issue. Not sure if the fix will come from us or them yet. Will report back!

• quadis

oh nice! i've messaged renoise about this but haven't heard back yet, so this is great news.

• Saine
    Saine Member Posts: 7 Member

Same issue here - any update on when this will be resolved?

• Jeremy_NI

@quadis @Saine I have good news. this will be fixed in the upcoming Kontakt update. Hopefully coming in a few weeks.

• Saine
    Saine Member Posts: 7 Member

Wonderful news, thank you.

In the meantime, I don't suppose there's a download for Kontakt Player 6 anywhere on the site (or elsewhere) - I could use that until the issue gets fixed?

• Jeremy_NI

Well, we can make it happen then, here is an installer for Kontakt Player 6: Kontakt Player 6.7.1 for Windows.