New Feature request: Filter for vocals/acapella

DJ Flex I
DJ Flex I Member Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Can you do feature, to add into the color filters, something that works like that:

If you rotate to left, it filters out the vocals gradually,

if you rotate to right it leaves only the vocals/acapella, again gradually.

Tagged:

Comments

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,325 Expert

It's on the road map. It's called stem separation.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 301 Pro

yes, as lord carlos says, this feature is already listed in the current roadmap. how exactly this will work in traktor is still uncertain. i like your suggestion because i can already use this function as you described it with my reloop elite mixer and algoriddim. so the separation can be controlled via the low/hi pass filter, which is really cool. it would be great if we could have that in traktor as well.

• DJ Flex I

Well, I don't need stem, I only need this as a color effect. One side - no vocals, the other side - only vocals. Simple as that, no need from complicated features. Also, the coloring will be gradually removing the vocals, not like in stems. It can be added to the effect banks as well, so you can put it into a single slot.

• lord-carlos

Yes, I understood. But under the hood your idea still needs a very complicated AI stem separation. Without it, there is no way to remove vocals from a track ;-)

Having an easy way to use stems would be nice. But with just half a dev working on Traktor I have low hopes.

• DJ Flex I

How complicated it could be? If they already are doing the Stem Separation, it's like crossfading the Vocals with the Other part (i.e. only volume manipulations of 2 signals)

• Knivshult
    Knivshult Member Posts: 19 Helper
    edited October 2022

Do you mean the roadmap that was up to Q3 which isn't even updated for Q4??!! HAHAHAHA

• lord-carlos

Yes, that roadmap. Why do you post that in every thread?

• Knivshult
    Knivshult Member Posts: 19 Helper

Because you refer to a roadmap that has passed its expiration date, is not updated, and is not current. Why are you referring to a dead end. Do you think that an expired and not updated road map gives a good and confidence-inspiring and enthusiastic impression and hope for the future?? I myself am extremely disappointed in how they handle both their customers and their products. But you might be very enthusiastic about...nothing!

• lord-carlos
    edited October 2022

I don't think anything Traktor related gives a inspiring and enthusiastic impression. The roadmap was updated a few weeks back though. It gives an indication where they are going. It will just take super long time, with only half a dev that also is the janitor.

I have no idea where you see my enthusiasm.

• Simon Rolfmore
    Simon Rolfmore Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited October 2022

**deleted, the site got confused and I didn't see the other comments**