Traktor S4 MK3 Default Jog Mode / Resetting When Switching Between Decks

DJDL
DJDL Member Posts: 63 Helper
edited February 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a way to set de Jog's default mode to JOG (red) instead of scratch. This is the mode I use, and don't mind setting it up once per session when I start the program. Thing is, every time I switch between decks A/C or B/D, the mode reverts back to SCRATCH. Having to switch jog mode back to my preferred setting constantly during a set is quite annoying. If I could set the default mode to JOG, this automatic switching back to default wouldn't be a problem The other solution, is having your preferred setting not autoswitch back to default when you go from deck A to C or B to D.

Thanks for any advice!

Best Answer

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,735 mod
    Answer ✓

If you disable the jogwheel(touch) scratch function on the s4mk3, it stays that way even if you switch the deck from top (A) to bottom (C) and back again. The only thing that reverts back to normal is the LED. The red light doesn't stay red, but the touch function is still disabled.

This is just a LED bug from way back that the NI Traktor team still hasn't addressed.

Answers

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,735 mod
    Answer ✓

If you disable the jogwheel(touch) scratch function on the s4mk3, it stays that way even if you switch the deck from top (A) to bottom (C) and back again. The only thing that reverts back to normal is the LED. The red light doesn't stay red, but the touch function is still disabled.

This is just a LED bug from way back that the NI Traktor team still hasn't addressed.

• djron
    djron Member Posts: 11 Member

hey there are a lot of wrong things with Traktor software and hardware eg: Traktor Kontrol s4 mk3.

the hardware released in 2018 gave me the impression on that it will work better than pioneers DDJ FLX6 by now. understanding the difference between brands...pioneer seems to have a better product with their software hardware combination and DDJ FLX6 is fairly new. I am now using the Traktor 3 / Traktor Kontrol s4 mk3 combo and I am not very impressed. so, how can I help resolve this situation? I mean Microsoft does pretty much the same thing with their operating systems...releases a ****** product then uses us users to refine and fix the kinks. or will have to again dump Traktor all together and spend my money on Pioneer again.

• markjay_boston
    markjay_boston Member Posts: 20 Member

Oh, you are right, it does stay in the mode, but the LED doesn't light up correctly and so I was misled. Yeah, this would be a good fix either in traktor or the firmware, probably the firmware?

• nskcharles
    nskcharles Member Posts: 31 Member
    edited May 2023

In Preferences for the S2 Mk3 you can just turn off scratch mode.

You cannot do this for the S3 :(

• nskcharles
    nskcharles Member Posts: 31 Member
    edited May 2023

Ah! Figured out a hack for the S3, might work for others

disclaimer: back up qml files before touching them

In C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\CSI\S3\S3Deck.qml

Comment out line 92:

//   Wire { from: "%surface%.jogwheel.touch"; to: "turntable.touch"; enabled: !jogMode.value }

This basically unplugs the touch surface of the platters

You could also reverse the function of the jogMode (delete the ! before the jogMode.value) to switch the default (the LEDs will also be reversed)

Wire { from: "%surface%.jogwheel.touch"; to: "turntable.touch"; enabled: jogMode.value }