Maschine and Massive?

JuneBaby
JuneBaby Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello All -

New member here, have a question about Massive VST. I picked up a Mikro, I purchased Maschine 2 software, the Maschine Factory selection, got all the Komplete start products, and also grabbed 10 expansions during my time plus Burnt Hues + Stacks.

My question is was I supposed to receive Massive as part of one of these products? There are sounds that i can't use (mainly those juicy basses in many kits) because Massive VST isn't found when trying to load the kit into Maschine. I have found a Massive folder already in my Public area but cannot find the VST itself actually anywhere. In my NI account however, no record of Massive being a part of what I own. Am I missing something or am I out of luck and forced to buy Massive by itself?

Thank you in advance.

-LongLiveJuneBaby

Best Answer

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    Answer ✓

Massive has been packaged with Maschine since version 2.0 of the software IIRC, but I don’t know whether that was the case for the Mikro as well. IMO, you should have gotten separate hardware and software license keys from GC.

In that case I suggest you contact NI customer support. They should be able to sort this out for you.

Answers

• ozon
    edited October 2022

Which version of the Mikro are you talking about? The current one should come with all this software after registering the hardware:

• MASCHINE Essentials (full Maschine application plus 1.6 GB Factory Selection) provided as a download upon hardware registration 
    • Full versions of three popular KOMPLETE plugins, available for download from Native Access after hardware registration:
      • MASSIVE - heavyweight virtual analog synthesizer
      • MONARK – iconic mono synth
      • REAKTOR PRISM – flexible polyphonic synthesizer

For earlier versions, they should come with separate software licenses.

• JuneBaby

Thank you for your response. Its an original Mikro, bought it used from GC - 1st gen i guess you say. I registered and purchased maybe a year ago but life got hectic until now. Am i right to assume that maybe they started giving massive away after i registered? Why include sounds that require Massive if i can't use them? Thank you kindly.

• ozon
    Answer ✓

Massive has been packaged with Maschine since version 2.0 of the software IIRC, but I don’t know whether that was the case for the Mikro as well. IMO, you should have gotten separate hardware and software license keys from GC.

In that case I suggest you contact NI customer support. They should be able to sort this out for you.

• JuneBaby

Thank you for your help, much appreciated.