Maschine freezing when scanning steinberg vsts.

djwaxxy
djwaxxy Member Posts: 46 Member
edited October 2022 in Maschine

ive got a lot of new products i want adding too maschine 2 but it wont get past any steinberg vsts such as halion 6/dark planet..etc the second it finds one it just hangs and wont move on.

can anyone help?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• djwaxxy
    Answer ✓

think ive found out the problem..i had some automap versions still on my computer from 2016!!!

i uninstalled and deleted my automap folders years ago because it was crap (it used to work when it first came out then as always novation totally screwed the customers with crap updates which broke the program)

if you ever installed automap do a full scan you could find some of these troublsome vsts floating about.

Answers

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 249 Pro

I'm guessing it's an eLicenser issue. Many Steinberg plugins still need the eLicenser dongle, are you sure it's still connected?

And is your eLicenser Control Center up to date?

• djwaxxy
    Answer ✓

think ive found out the problem..i had some automap versions still on my computer from 2016!!!

i uninstalled and deleted my automap folders years ago because it was ****** (it used to work when it first came out then as always novation totally screwed the customers with ****** updates which broke the program)

if you ever installed automap do a full scan you could find some of these troublsome vsts floating about.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited October 2022

Thanks for sharing @djwaxxy! But next time let's go easy on the swear words 😄