Can i use the 40w NI Power supply in Maschine MK3?

criptosk
criptosk Member Posts: 1 Member

Hello i have purchased a new maschine MK3 on amazon and it came without power supply i have a traktor S5 wich came with a 40w power supply can this be used with machine mk3 or not?

Best Answer

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,117 Guru
    Answer ✓

Assuming same voltage, same size and polarity on the small plug (DC end) yes you can use a higher wattage PSU on a device that draws less current. The PSU will only supply what's needed, so you won't blow up your Maschine.

Answers

• PK The DJ
    Answer ✓

Assuming same voltage, same size and polarity on the small plug (DC end) yes you can use a higher wattage PSU on a device that draws less current. The PSU will only supply what's needed, so you won't blow up your Maschine.

• Peter Harris
    Peter Harris Member Posts: 470 Pro

You don't need a power supply at all with the MK3. It's bus powered so just use a USB-B cable connected to your computer. Even the Maschine Plus doesn't need a PSU when used in controller (non-standalone) mode.

• PK The DJ

LOL I'm a Plus owner so accustomed to using a PSU. I'm surprised he didn't notice there's no socket. 😁

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 123 Helper

With a PSU machine mk3 will be brighter. Both screens and led's.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited October 2022

Screens do get a bit brighter with the PSU but not by a lot.

If it's this power supply:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/pricing/power-supply-40-w/

Then it should work because it has the same voltage (15V) as the one that officially works for the MK3

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/pricing/power-supply-18-w/

Same barrel size and voltage only with higher amps which the device should only pull what it needs as PK said. Just double-check and read the specs before trying.

• PK The DJ

Oh, so there is a PSU socket! Original answer still applies then. Peter's answer made me think there wasn't one.