Loading Reaktor 6 Ensembles in Ableton Live

thomas grey
thomas grey Member Posts: 13 Member

Hello,

I've been using Reaktor 5 as a VST in Ableton Live for many years, and I'd like to update to Reaktor 6.

One thing that keeps me from updating is the apparent inability, when using Reaktor 6, to indicate the path only once to load a group of Ensembles when loading a Live Set that has been saved on another computer.

Almost every single day I use two computers (for various reasons) to work on the same Ableton Live Projects that include many Reaktor instances.

The Projects are shared between the two computers using DropBox.

When loading a Project that was last opened on the other computer, I have to locate the Reaktor Ensembles that were previously saved with the Project, as proposed by the following window.

With Reaktor 5, I have to show the path only once for all Ensembles, thanks to this second window.

Unfortunately, the second window does not appear when using Reaktor 6.

This means that I would have to locate between 20 and 40 Ensembles separately (depending on the Project) each time I open a Project that was last opened on the other computer (several times a day).

One day, a few years ago, I read the user manual and searched the forums for a solution to this problem, without success.

If there is a trick for showing the path only once when using multiple instances of Reaktor 6 in Live, I’d be happy to know, as it would allow me to use the upgrade that I purchased.

It’s quite possible that there is a simple solution that I completely overlooked !

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    Answer ✓

Yeah it's annoying - especially given the dialogue always truncates the paths so you have to figure out what the full path is.

I just try to make sure I only have a couple of places I load Reaktor ensembles from now - one is on an external drive and the other is in Documents

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Answer ✓

Here is the Support entry

In the menue upper right corner on this page

Answers

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,612 Expert
    Answer ✓

Yeah it's annoying - especially given the dialogue always truncates the paths so you have to figure out what the full path is.

I just try to make sure I only have a couple of places I load Reaktor ensembles from now - one is on an external drive and the other is in Documents

• thomas grey

Hello Kymeia,

Thank you for your reply.

So it seems that, at the moment, there is no way to specify the path only once when several instances of Reaktor have to be loaded while opening a Live Set, if the Live Set has been saved on another computer (and the files are not saved on a separate hard drive that must always be connected to the computers when working on the projects, which would be very clumsy in my situation).

For example, this morning I opened a Live Set with my laptop (I'm on the road, one hour trip); the Live Set was saved last night on Dropbox via the studio's desktop computer.

A Reaktor window tells me that the file used by this instance of Reaktor cannot be found.

So I manually enter the path to the file once, and thanks to the second window, which asks me if I want to use the same path to load the 31 other Ensembles used for this Live Set, I don't need to make any other manipulation.

But this only works with Reaktor 5.

With Reaktor 6, I would have to manually enter the same path 32 times in a row... All this to make maybe one change to the Live Set, taking a few minutes.

And then I would have to do the same thing as many times as there are Live Sets for which I need to make a few modifications during this one hour trip.

Would it be possible to add this feature back to Reaktor (in Reaktor 6)?

How can I contact the Native Instruments team to submit this request?

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Answer ✓

Here is the Support entry

In the menue upper right corner on this page

• thomas grey

Thank you Paule, I'll submit a request.