How to get Maschine to remember the pattern view length?

bzyboy
bzyboy Member Posts: 64 Helper

Is there a setting somewhere that will save the "length view" of a pattern for a group? For example I'm on Group A working on a pattern that is 8 bars long and I change the scroll on the bottom so I can view the entire pattern, then on Group B I'm working on a pattern that is 16 bars long and also change the scroll on the bottom so I can view the entire pattern. Now when I go back to Group A, I have to resize it again to see the entire view, and I'll have to do the same thing again if I go back to Group B. I'd like both groups to independently "remember" what the length of the view was until I change it again. Anybody know of a way or a setting that will accomplish this?

Best Answer

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

You can’t… and it is a pain!!!

• bzyboy
    bzyboy Member Posts: 64 Helper

That's what I was afraid of, thanks for confirming though!

• FaceGland
    FaceGland Member Posts: 2 Member

Agreed bz! I literally just came here to see if anyone had tips to navigate the piano roll because I feel that zooming in and out constantly, might be the thing slowing down my workflow the most. Also, the cntrl + down/up arrows key commands only work on one dimension. Super frustrating. I was thinking about trying to assign a macro with the other buttons on my mouse or keyboard but I am not sure if that is even possible. Anyway...Goodluck!