Maschine looses midi stream

Robert13
Robert13 Member Posts: 19 Member

Hello,

I have Maschine2.15.2 installed on a Windows 10 PC.

Since some updates ago, Maschine looses a midi stream. This issue is also mentioned on the old forum. https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/maschine-keeps-losing-midi-in-when-in-midi-controller-mode.129768/

I have tried the DisableMIDITimestamping fix. But then all midi streams are way out of sync.

It is on the first scene I create. And if I want to delete that scene, all scenes are deleted.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Robert13 do you have the exact same setup as the one mentioned in the post (with Traktor)? More info about your setup would be great.

Maybe @Jeremy_NI has some insights on what to check?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

So you did the following ? I'll put it there as it could be helpful for others:

Use the .reg files attached for disabling/enabling the MIDI Time Stamp

or set the key manually as per the following:

Please open your registry editor by clicking the Windows icon in the bottom left of your screen and typing "regedit".

Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\Maschine 2

DisableTS / DWORD / 1 (MIDI Timestamping OFF) | 0 (MIDI Timestamping ON)

This will set timestamping on all physical ports. It shouldn't affect MIDI sync.

If that doesn't do the trick @Robert13 we need some more info on the setup:

What devices are connected ? How are they connected ? MIDI cables, USB MIDI ? Who's the master, who's the slave ?

• Robert13

Yes, i know. But if I disable timestamping the midi clock gets wobbely/ instable.

With midi timestamping after some time, seconds of some minutes, the midi stream is lost. I have to reset all devices (PC and midi device)

My Behringer RD9 and Access Virus Indigo loses their midi streams often. Sometimes my Behringer TD-3 also.

All devices have got their last firmware updates.

Maschine is the midi clock master and starts/ stops the other devices.

Behringer RD9 uses its USB midi

Behringer RD3 uses its USb midi

Access Virus indigo uses the 5 pin midi port off the Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2 of Maschine MK2.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

I've been using the reg hack for years and never had an issue with the MIDI clock being unstable.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,298 mod

@Robert13 I'm a little late to the party. Have you tried to connect the RD9 and Td-3 to physical MIDI din? Do they also loose the MIDI stream when plugged this way ? USB is usually less stable than pure MIDI. Have you ever considered a device like this one? https://www.thomann.de/de/kenton_midi_thru_5.htm

• Robert13

I have this synthom with all my midi equipment. Now I have installed windows 11 and had the same problems over midi (not usb midi).

I this this is a Windows issue, because I don't have these problems on my MacBook Air.